Anyone know why KXNO dropped DP's 3rd hour?

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Are you the one who called into the Morning Rush a couple of weeks ago during their Penalty Box segment to throw whomever brought Miller back into the box? The call that they essentially didn't even acknowledge? You're using all of the same keywords that guy used.
No but I definitely heard him. He's called in a few weeks that I've heard.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
He wasn't/isn't wrong. She's clueless.
Have you ever listened when Travis is away and it's her and Ross? Those are honestly some of the best Morning Rush episodes I've listened to. Travis is too much of an egomaniac to let her talk during interviews or when they have guests. Travis has to control everything, even though his only shtick is saying something provocative in hopes someone will call in angry so he can argue.

The show as a whole is absolute garbage but it's perfect for the, "I will say anything because I'm not PC!" crowd. They're constantly trying to find things to fill time because none of them actually watched sports the night before. My favorite is when Travis mansplains beer and brewing to actual brewers who come in with Bruno.

Sports knowledge - minimal.
Interview skills - non existent.
Sean's music skills - limited to 5 early 2010 songs, but mostly Day and Night from Kid Cudi and Sleepy Head from Passion Pit.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
After the events of this weekend I'll pass on even the shows I do listen too. Will be another day of Iowa's back and ISU sucks.

• Agree
Reactions: kilroy

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Have you ever listened when Travis is away and it's her and Ross? Those are honestly some of the best Morning Rush episodes I've listened to. Travis is too much of an egomaniac to let her talk during interviews or when they have guests. Travis has to control everything, even though his only shtick is saying something provocative in hopes someone will call in angry so he can argue.

The show as a whole is absolute garbage but it's perfect for the, "I will say anything because I'm not PC!" crowd. They're constantly trying to find things to fill time because none of them actually watched sports the night before. My favorite is when Travis mansplains beer and brewing to actual brewers who come in with Bruno.

Sports knowledge - minimal.
Interview skills - non existent.
Sean's music skills - limited to 5 early 2010 songs, but mostly Day and Night from Kid Cudi and Sleepy Head from Passion Pit.

No - that sounds awful

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
In all fairness to Ken, Heather is awful. Ken is the only local guy I can listen to. The rest are, as a general statement, hacks. Some attempt to draw ratings by promoting the Cyclones or Hawks, but none of them are really any good.

This guy knows this site exists because Chris Williams has willed it to, right? He knows that Chris is one of the hosts for Sports Fanatics? If you're going to be a **** about the person that runs the site your makings a lot of comments on, then leave. Otherwise you're just a troll.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
This guy knows this site exists because Chris Williams has willed it to, right? He knows that Chris is one of the hosts for Sports Fanatics? If you're going to be a **** about the person that runs the site your makings a lot of comments on, then leave. Otherwise you're just a troll.
I give Chris huge credit for this site. That doesn’t mean I have to blindly praise everything he does. I wouldn’t want someone to praise me for something I didn’t do well. How would I grow? The fanatics show is not entertaining to me. Nor is the morning show. It’s ok. I just don’t listen any more.

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
I give Chris huge credit for this site. That doesn’t mean I have to blindly praise everything he does. I wouldn’t want someone to praise me for something I didn’t do well. How would I grow? The fanatics show is not entertaining to me. Nor is the morning show. It’s ok. I just don’t listen any more.
In what way was your take at all constructive that would allow for someone to grow? You just bitched. Most people, won't listen to only game breakdowns and can't talk for 3 hours a day, five days a week about that. Too few would listen.

Sounds like you would only like to hear X's and O's talk. Have you listened or read Jordan's stuff on CF? That sounds like it's more of what you want. His breakdowns are great, but it's heavy.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

CW was terrible in the beginning, he has improved so much in the last couple of years. I think Ross has helped his growth as well. I actually like Ross, and him and CW usually tell it like it is when talking about both schools. Only red and gold panty waivers hate Ross.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Miller is ok but Trent Condom is one of the worst. Constantly gushing over anything hok and handing out thinly veiled insults against us. Oh yeah, he actually went to UNI, so he is the poster boy for the classic panther hok. He probably has Hawkeyes tattooed on his belly and lives in a black and yellow house.

Trent actually lives right around the corner from me and can confirm that his house isn’t black and gold.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Man, if you think Trent and Ken are biased against ISU, you either don't listen or are like super sensitive to any criticism thrown ISU's way. They are both way more than fair.

Agreed, they along with Murph and Andy do the best job at being fair and aren't afraid to criticize. I can't remember a criticism of ISU from Ken that I've honestly disagreed with.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Agreed, they along with Murph and Andy do the best job at being fair and aren't afraid to criticize. I can't remember a criticism of ISU from Ken that I've honestly disagreed with.

Murph and Andy (mostly Murph) have been really hard on the Iowa administration and mad Fran ever since the "Dolph" incident. Said they handled that horribly, and Murph openly says that Fran now refuses to come on their show.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
After the events of this weekend I'll pass on even the shows I do listen too. Will be another day of Iowa's back and ISU sucks.
I literally don't listen to talk radio unless ISU wins. Not a second. Unless Iowa loses...I will listen to those segments. Our last 2 game losing streak and Iowa's wins against really, really good teams led to radio silence.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
CW was terrible in the beginning, he has improved so much in the last couple of years. I think Ross has helped his growth as well. I actually like Ross, and him and CW usually tell it like it is when talking about both schools. Only red and gold panty waivers hate Ross.
Agree. I think Ross is quite good.

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Are they on the skids? Why replace the 3rd hour of the #1 sports talk radio show with locals who have nothing to offer?

Bc Downs decided we didn't already have enough local talk. Morning rush, Murph and Andy, Fanatics...then lets throw a sub-par Miller to talk of more of the same. This is Iowa, how much more can these guys come up with that's not already talked about? More of the same, but yet take away an hour of one of the best, and leave the self ego-stroking blowhole Cowturd. Such a terrible decision.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron