Jamie Pollard vows to look into allegations of fan misconduct at Saturday's Cy-Hawk game

Torks Pub

Dec 16, 2006
Ankeny
I really wish Jamie would stick it to this deeb but we know, he'll take the high road. Claiming you were being booed or yelled at is one thing (I have no doubts this happened) but lying about physical or sexual assault is a new low.

It's low, but not as bad as the UI sticking up for bad behaviour by Pierre Pierce. That was the lowest of lows. Then there was Everson and Satterfield, so the UI has much experience in lows.

Jerms

May 13, 2011
Atlantic, IA
63608623-f98e-4c99-a9b5-bf83d916fd3e_screenshot.jpg

Chicken wire?
May need to get a **** ton of that for next year in IC.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So the groping and broken ribs stories all happened when Nate Stanley ran out of bounds and assaulted an Iowa Band member? (OK, so the real story starts out as the band member was actually caught "red handed" and complained of sore ribs as they slept on their side the night before the game. The first sentence is how I heard it.)

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I don't boo any team when they take the field and I certainly don't boo a band. I will boo a player who is taunting, trying to hurt an opponent or otherwise acting like an asshat and will boo any refs who do a terrible job.

You won't boo KU when they come out on the floor. Hmm, more self control then me. I don't boo them during intros though.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I have many friends in the ISU band, and their director told them that the rumor that an IU band member was pushed and broke their ribs, is 100% false. That information was gained as part of reported conversation between the two band directors that happened after the game.

An Iowa band member did break their ribs; they fell down the stadium stairs (not pushed), and landed on their bass drum. That sucks for that individual, but the foul-play associated with it is 100% false.
Send them a rack of ribs from Hickory Park. Get well soon!

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
I’ll be very happy if the joint statement is the end of it.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The joint announcement from Pollard and Bertha is cute. Lmao

So... what that says to me is "this amounted to nothing, but because of barta's statement and also because it caused a bunch of other things to come out, such as the treatment of the ISU band in Iowa City, now we have to issue a rather pointless joint press release saying we all need to work to make sure the bands are treated well".

Barta never should have dropped out that first release without more information

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Thank you for recognizing and publishing that it has been a problem in Iowa City as well. It was ridiculous that Barta acted like this happened in a vacuum in Ames. Let's see if the RAG or the Gazette are soliciting stories from ISU band members on their experiences in Iowa City after this press release...
Yep. Some may not like it, but sometimes you’ve got to respond in-kind to a smear campaign.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Who are the douche bags in KXNO right now? One of them just admitted to throwing piss on people when at EIU....WTF.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone