Chubba Purdy

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Sounds like you're describing Re-al.

Really? Your idea of Re'Al and mine are two different things. To me, Re'Al is a run first, pass second kind of QB. I don't think he's as accurate as Purdy (few are). I think if he was to start an entire season, he would likely have several games where he ran for more yards than he passed for and I think his interception and passing TD numbers would be similar, say 12 TDs to 10 INTs. He'd likely have as many or more rushing TDs as passing TDs.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Didn't Mr. Purdy play baseball at Miami?

I'm sure he's thrilled for Chubba but I'd still think deep down that would have to suck a little bit.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Keep Re-al in mind at QB. Brock still needs to show the arm strength for the sideline routes; and to stop throwing it up for grabs off his back foot.

Jake Rudock ended up at a good football school.

I'm sorry what are you suggesting here?

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm sorry what are you suggesting here?
It's never over. Campbell wants all starters challenged every year for playing time. Brock has some glaring needs like arm strength, throwing mechanics, and poor reads on options. I hope he is or guy but I will not be shocked if he is beat out. This is ISU and QB we're talking about.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It's never over. Campbell wants all starters challenged every year for playing time. Brock has some glaring needs like arm strength, throwing mechanics, and poor reads on options. I hope he is or guy but I will not be shocked if he is beat out. This is ISU and QB we're talking about.

I feel like I've been left out of an inside joke.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I feel like I've been left out of an inside joke.
Somewhat. Montgomery came in and took over. There's always that possibility. I don't think it's likely but that really is Campbell's philosophy. He even said so in an interview just the other day. 'Those are two guys that are going to be able to compete in our QB room.' There's no doubt in my mind Brock is the guy but this is big boy football now anyone can get beat out.

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch and CyTwins

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Are you serious with this? 2nd team all Big 12 QB with Heisman talk is going to lose his job? Just stop. The best QB in school history is going to lose his job? To who, a QB that only have played 5 snaps in 2 years? A Freshman?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Are you serious with this? 2nd team all Big 12 QB with Heisman talk is going to lose his job? Just stop. The best QB in school history is going to lose his job? To who, a QB that only have played 5 snaps in 2 years? A Freshman?
I only said that is how Campbell wants the program to be. Stop being hyperbolic. Christ he's only a human.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Yeah this isn't accurate. Have you heard Campbell talk about Brock?
Why isn't it accurate? Campbell's montra is the best players play. Brock is the best player right now. Not like it hasn't happened before. Applewhite, Hurtz just a couple that come to mind over the years who have been dethroned after great seasons. Not predicting it but people find a nice warm blanket of comfort in Brock which they should he's a great player but to say he's not beatable is foolhardy.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why isn't it accurate? Campbell's montra is the best players play. Brock is the best player right now. Not like it hasn't happened before. Applewhite, Hurtz just a couple that come to mind over the years who have been dethroned after great seasons. Not predicting it but people find a nice warm blanket of comfort in Brock which they should he's a great player but to say he's not beatable is foolhardy.

Where is this coming from? Is Kolar an option to get benched too or what am I missing here

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch