Chubba Purdy

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Why isn't it accurate? Campbell's montra is the best players play. Brock is the best player right now. Not like it hasn't happened before. Applewhite, Hurtz just a couple that come to mind over the years who have been dethroned after great seasons. Not predicting it but people find a nice warm blanket of comfort in Brock which they should he's a great player but to say he's not beatable is foolhardy.

Everything you have said applies to all positions except QB in my opinion. The bar required to replace a QB is much higher than any other position.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Didn't Mr. Purdy play baseball at Miami?

I'm sure he's thrilled for Chubba but I'd still think deep down that would have to suck a little bit.
Nah, as a parent you have to let them choose their own path. Barry Sanders Jr initially went to Stanford.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Somewhat. Montgomery came in and took over. There's always that possibility. I don't think it's likely but that really is Campbell's philosophy. He even said so in an interview just the other day. 'Those are two guys that are going to be able to compete in our QB room.' There's no doubt in my mind Brock is the guy but this is big boy football now anyone can get beat out.

Seriously, you're talking about the greatest QB in Iowa State history, statistically speaking. QBs like that don't grow on trees, especially at Iowa State. Yeah, it's great coach speak to talk about every job is open and competition will decide the starters, but it's one thing to say it and quite another to bench the best QB in our history. A little reality check here.

Reactions: srjclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Why isn't it accurate? Campbell's montra is the best players play. Brock is the best player right now. Not like it hasn't happened before. Applewhite, Hurtz just a couple that come to mind over the years who have been dethroned after great seasons. Not predicting it but people find a nice warm blanket of comfort in Brock which they should he's a great player but to say he's not beatable is foolhardy.
I suppose that if Trevor Lawrence happened to transfer in, then Brock might get beaten out.

Maybe. :rolleyes:

(And here I thought I was the only person to hold onto untenable positions too long...)

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Do they have any weapons at WR? That looks like quite a rough situation.
They have someone who was good enough to catch a 69 yard TD from Chubba last Saturday.

But no, compared to historical FSU talent at WR, I don’t think that unit is terribly good, either.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Everything you have said applies to all positions except QB in my opinion. The bar required to replace a QB is much higher than any other position.
His stats this year are making what I said a little more credible wouldn't you say?