ISU #4 in ESPN FPI

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
**** the conference, and **** OU

edit:

And **** the hawks

I would generally agree, main upside would be that if the big 12 gets respect, we will be ranked higher in general in the future. Also in this scenario we would have already beaten Oklahoma at some point in the season, so we would have a decent chance of beating them, a better chance than beating Clemson or bama probably. So meeting Oklahoma in the title game would have advantages for us outside of just "conference pride" or something like that

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I would generally agree, main upside would be that if the big 12 gets respect, we will be ranked higher in general in the future. Also in this scenario we would have already beaten Oklahoma at some point in the season, so we would have a decent chance of beating them, a better chance than beating Clemson or bama probably. So meeting Oklahoma in the title game would have advantages for us outside of just "conference pride" or something like that
Ummmm... won't we have to beat Bama or Clemson to make the championship in your scenario?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
This kid could end up being a prophet

20171028160844.jpg

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
And we would more than likely be playing the 1 seed first if we made the playoffs lol.

We would likely have beaten them in the first round, yeah. I'm saying that assuming you have already won the first round, I would rather have a team in the championship that I know we could beat.
Ummmm... won't we have to beat Bama or Clemson to make the championship in your scenario?

Yes we would more than likely have had to beat Clemson or bama to get to the Championship in the first place. What I am saying is that assuming you win the first round, I would rather face a team in the Championship that I know we could beat. Sorry I worded things a bit wonky or confusingly.

But yeah, we will have to beat great teams in order to win the championship, not going to have some cupcakes to beat. I hope we live up to our #4 ranking :)

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
Oh oops I think I messed up that post. I'm only in my 20s but am too much of a boomer to operate this thing hahaha sorry!

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
We would likely have beaten them in the first round, yeah. I'm saying that assuming you have already won the first round, I would rather have a team in the championship that I know we could beat.

Yes we would more than likely have had to beat Clemson or bama to get to the Championship in the first place. What I am saying is that assuming you win the first round, I would rather face a team in the Championship that I know we could beat. Sorry I worded things a bit wonky or confusingly.

But yeah, we will have to beat great teams in order to win the championship, not going to have some cupcakes to beat. I hope we live up to our #4 ranking :)

You don’t think we could beat a team we would have went 1-1 against in this scenario?

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
You don’t think we could beat a team we would have went 1-1 against in this scenario?

I do think we could beat a team we went 1-1 against, that's why I would rather face Oklahoma in that scenario, since we would have beaten them once earlier in the year and so would have a decent chance to beat them in the theoretical championship. Sorry for the confusion, my bad!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

I kind of disagree because I'm in "if we're that far, bring 'em all on."
At the same time, I don't really care to disagree, because it's cool that we're even talking about the playoffs as a real possibility, so your version is just fine with me, too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron