ISU #4 in ESPN FPI

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Swap out the Big Easy for a trip to the CFP...

With a chance to avenge the 2001 Independence Bowl against Alabama... That Kick Was Good!

Oh Mama, this could be one epic tailgating season.

Any suggestions for a supplement to keep my liver functioning at peak performance?
Milk Thistle. Need to supplement BEFORE you start to drink for greatest effect in my experience. H2O is always good as well, but that is saved for once the can lifting is complete. :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and DarkStar

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

With a chance to avenge the 2001 Independence Bowl against Alabama... That Kick Was Good!

Any suggestions for a supplement to keep my liver functioning at peak performance?
Start looking for a potential donor for a transplant now.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
I expect UNI to be playing better too, but if ISU has legitimate playoff chances (or even top 3 in the conference) it shouldn’t matter. A top half Big 12 team shouldn’t be worried about competing with UNI
Cleaning up early season miscues has to be top priority for this staff. It's been a constant since year 1 and there's really no excuse this season with the roster they have returning.

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
I think the early season miscues tend to come from the fact that Campbell is "softer" during the off-season (as in, there are fewer contact drills, less practice time with pads on, etc etc) so so players aren't as used to heavy contact as other teams are at the beginning of the season. However, the big advantage of Campbell's approach is that come October, November, December (and January perhaps) our players are fresher. I would rather have our players play better at the end of the season than the beginning, so I am okay with early season struggles (although I would like to win those games even if we do struggle, naturally) since they pay off at the end of the season.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and 20eyes

20eyes

May 15, 2020
I think the early season miscues tend to come from the fact that Campbell is "softer" during the off-season (as in, there are fewer contact drills, less practice time with pads on, etc etc) so so players aren't as used to heavy contact as other teams are at the beginning of the season. However, the big advantage of Campbell's approach is that come October, November, December (and January perhaps) our players are fresher. I would rather have our players play better at the end of the season than the beginning, so I am okay with early season struggles (although I would like to win those games even if we do struggle, naturally) since they pay off at the end of the season.
I agree with you and would add that hopefully the softer off season is mitigated by a team with an unusual level of experience (and talent) this season.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm happy ISU is included in the discussion. Gotta sweep or split with OU to have a shot.

Reactions: motorcy90

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO

Tip Top Chili, early and often.

Reactions: DarkStar

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
I agree with you and would add that hopefully the softer off season is mitigated by a team with an unusual level of experience (and talent) this season.

Yeah I can agree with that. With so much experience on both sides, they should be mentally prepared.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Not only are we on the list twice but both times it’s in the 3 spot. Some years there’s a big difference between playing the 2 and the 1 seed.

edit: they might be listed in alphabetical order. But the point remains!

Reactions: Acylum

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I like the 7% option, us and OU both in, put us on different sides of the bracket and see what happens but a all B12 final would be great for us and the conference.
Please no. If somehow ISU makes it to the championship game I don't want to play ******* OU again. I don't care how good it would be for the conference.