Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Gonna be a longer wait than any of us want. Was hoping for something quick but legal posturing will drag this until after FB season. I’d say late winter we have some sense of the future.

I agree with most of this but disagree on the duration. There will be news of this for the rest of the summer for sure…a daily doomscroller…but there’s going to be some sort of resolution quicker than the winter, because there is no way TX/OU are playing in the Big 12 next season.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This drama will pass, like it always does. I'm hoping by next week I can start getting back into preseason mode. It was just about to get really exciting for Cyclones fans. Now the stakes are even higher.

Its kind of just how society is right now. Anything is everything. The new anything is WAY bigger than the last anything. Nothing is just cool anymore, everything is AMAZING. Etc etc.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
He's not saying the university is waiting anything out - you can bet he and Dr. W are doing everything they can - but because there are legal and administrative processes that need to play out it will take a while for everything to settle out. The fans need to just wait it out.
Agreed, this is a process. It took Texasss and OU six months to negotiate into the SEC. We fans need to be patient.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I agree with most of this but disagree on the duration. There will be news of this for the rest of the summer for sure…a daily doomscroller…but there’s going to be some sort of resolution quicker than the winter, because there is no way TX/OU are playing in the Big 12 next season.
They can easily wait until after FB season and still play in the SEC next year. I'm guessing Feb it will start to sort out.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
They can easily wait until after FB season and still play in the SEC next year. I'm guessing Feb it will start to sort out.

Maybe, but I wouldn’t say easy by any stretch. Long-term tv contract negotiations post 2024 are most likely occurring now, and the PAC is on the verge of the B1G doing this very same thing to them in the very near future.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

yeah, I’m kind of thinking by spring next year we should know, by that time Tex and ou will have to pay out

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
During the 2010 re-alignment, I believe it was known that our new home was going to be the Big East with KU and KSU. I would not have called that a success by Pollard, and I'm not comfortable with the "Jamie has a plan" and "Jamie will get us in" mindset. Are times a little different, yes, but I think Jamie is mostly powerless, same as last time.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Agreed, this is a process. It took Texasss and OU six months to negotiate into the SEC. We fans need to be patient.

We do. But recruits don't. And the B1G programs we're fighting with for recruits won't hesitate to tell recruits that ISU will be in the MAC next season. You know they already have.

This UT/OU horsesh*t is really f*cking bad for ISU football, like, right now.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
During the 2010 re-alignment, I believe it was known that our new home was going to be the Big East with KU and KSU. I would not have called that a success by Pollard, and I'm not comfortable with the "Jamie has a plan" and "Jamie will get us in" mindset. Are times a little different, yes, but I think Jamie is mostly powerless, same as last time.
Times are a ton different lol. From 2006-2010 we went 21-40 in football. From 2017-2020 we’ve gone 32-19 and are the most talked about team that’s not a blue blood. We also haven’t seen what this year’s team will do which “should” enhance our product even more.

CycloneBamaFan

Nov 6, 2018
We do. But recruits don't. And the B1G programs we're fighting with for recruits won't hesitate to tell recruits that ISU will be in the MAC next season. You know they already have.

This UT/OU horsesh*t is really f*cking bad for ISU football, like, right now.
Great point. This issue will have many other impacts outside what conference we will be in. These include current recruiting, coaching hires/departures/etc., local economic impacts, and university enrollment to name a few. When JP says "don't panic", some cannot and have not followed his advice.

rsoren001

Dec 27, 2018
This situation will be settled sooner rather than later. Both sides believe they have leverage. We know OU and UT want to join the SEC ASAP. They know that the uncertainty will destroy the remaining members the longer this goes on. Recruiting will be hurt, investments will be delayed, coaches will look for stability. It is in everybody’s best interest to find a settlement and move on.

• Agree
Reactions: I@ST1 and Cyder91

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
Times are a ton different lol. From 2006-2010 we went 21-40 in football. From 2017-2020 we’ve gone 32-19 and are the most talked about team that’s not a blue blood. We also haven’t seen what this year’s team will do which “should” enhance our product even more.
I don't think winning or losing is all that relevant. I suspect the number of people who will pay to watch our games is about the same.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I don’t typically recommend the radio/KXNO, but if you can go back and listen to the first segment of Murph and Andy today, they go over a lot of this legalese. Still a lot left on the table, but a good base to start from.

Catclone

Feb 10, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
One problem I see in this hope that ISU sticks around long enough for the check and then bolts for the Big 10 is....wouldn't we be subject to the same penalty if we leave early? And why would some of these lesser Big 12 schools agree to dissolve the conference when they likely have no home? This is going to get messier than we think unfortunately.

• Agree
Reactions: Yellow Snow

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
One problem I see in this hope that ISU sticks around long enough for the check and then bolts for the Big 10 is....wouldn't we be subject to the same penalty if we leave early? And why would some of these lesser Big 12 schools agree to dissolve the conference when they likely have no home? This is going to get messier than we think unfortunately.
If we leave prior to 2025 or whatever, it means there was a negotiated buyout and the remaining 8 voted to dismantle the conference. Need 6 of 8 to do so and that means almost everyone would have a comfortable landing spot or plan in place.