Linebacker Coach Hired

kc_clone

Apr 16, 2006
Maybe. Mars interview on CR.

"I met with the linebackers coach and we talked about playing weakside backer. That's what I played in the Army Bowl," Mars reported.

I have a feeling we have a couple of coaches hired and they haven't been announced for some reason. Even the s&c has done an interview with a Rice University reporter about leaving for ISU, but we have not announced it..............why??????????

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Because there several hurdles that ISU has to clear before making an official announcement.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
They are probably waiting for the DC to be hired and bring them in all together. Or they may be hammering out contracts (with big buyouts within the first month). Hopefully we will have everyone in here by Saturday and will announce everyone at the OU game.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
When i saw all the recruits and coaches on a tour Sat, there was a young black coach(possibly) that kinda stuck out, He is at least someone affiliated with the football staff in some capacity. He was dressed the same as the rest of the coaches. He may not be the LB coach, but he may be one of the other coaches. I recognized Ash, Bliel, Herman, Fountain, Link and of course Rhoads, they were all wearing the same outfits.

Last edited:

kc_clone

Apr 16, 2006
I understand this. I work for a D1 athletic department. I have had to interview, get an offer, accept the job, provide transcripts, sign the contract, etc.

It doesn't take that long. Seems like we have people hired but are waiting.....maybe until after signing day. Hopefully the recruits at least know that we have the positions filled (as I believe they do). Obviously Mars knows who the LB coach is. That is much more important than me or any other fan knowing.

But I am very impatient and need some announcements!!!I have no life!

xCYtable

Apr 6, 2006
When i saw all the recruits and coaches on a tour Sat, there was a young black coach(possibly) that kinda stuck out, He is at least someone affiliated with the football staff in some capacity. He was dressed the same as the rest of the coaches. He may not be the LB coach, but he may be one of the other coaches. I recognized Ash, Bliel, Herman, Fountain, Link and of course Rhoads, they were all wearing the same outfits.

It was probably Pope the Running Backs coach that came from UNLV I'm guessing.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Maybe. Mars interview on CR.

"I met with the linebackers coach and we talked about playing weakside backer. That's what I played in the Army Bowl," Mars reported.

I have a feeling we have a couple of coaches hired and they haven't been announced for some reason. Even the s&c has done an interview with a Rice University reporter about leaving for ISU, but we have not announced it..............why??????????

Wait a minute, if this is from an interview on CR, why are you posting it here? I thought all CR stuff was premium?!?!? Am I wrong here?

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
I have a really strong feeling the LB coach is Curtis Bray from Temple. Hey we know we have a Strength and Conditioning coach now, maybe both of these guys will be announced this week. Good ole' Yancy should be announced as soon as tomorrow.

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
Also the Kentucky rivals site is reporting a new commitment from an O-Lineman who was committed to Auburn. Three-star Aaron Moore, 6-5 255, Frisco, Texas. He had a lot of solid offers. Would be a big get if true. He would really nullify not getting Murphy or Boffeli.

MarvelousMarv

Jan 24, 2009
This is only theory but I think the staff will wind up as follows.

HC-Paul Rhoads
OC/QB- Tom Herman
DC/DE- Charlie Partridge
RB- Kenith Pope
WR- I have no theory yet, but I think it will be from a Herman connection
OL- Bill Bleil
TE- Scott Fountain
DT- Mike Pelton
LB- Curtis Bray
DB- Chris Ash
Strength- Yancy McKnight

FLYBOY1979

Apr 12, 2006
DC possibilities? And if they have been mentned before, sorry.
Charlie Partridge
DL Special Teams Wisconsin
College Drake 1995
98-99 ISU
2002 E ILL
03-04 DE Pitt
05-07 SpT and DE Pitt
08--- DL SpT Wisconsin
Covers S Florida & Cleveland
From Florida

Dave Doeren
Drake 1994
95-97 Drake DC LB
98-99 AssisC USC
00-01 SP C RC Montana
02-04 LB RC Kansas
04-05 LB RC Co DC Kansas
05-07 LB RC CoDC Wisconsin
08 DC LB Wisconsin

2 interesting guys for our DC???????????????

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
This is only theory but I think the staff will wind up as follows.

HC-Paul Rhoads
OC/QB- Tom Herman
DC/DE- Charlie Partridge
RB- Kenith Pope
WR- I have no theory yet, but I think it will be from a Herman connection
OL- Bill Bleil
TE- Scott Fountain
DT- Mike Pelton
LB- Curtis Bray
DB- Chris Ash
Strength- Yancy McKnight

What about ST?

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I hope whoever in stealing and re-posting premium info from another website is booted.

It's pretty lowlife-ish.........Quit posting premium info here. It's not fair to the hundreds of premium-paying subscribers @ another website to have a moron here stealing info and pretending to originate it

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Perhaps someone has done some investigating on their own and didn't simply steal this from a pay site? I don't know, but there are more people in the know then just those on pay sites. SHocking I know. What proof is there that this person did it or not. Perhaps we shouldn't spout off every time something gets posted on here foul.