What do you think of Caitlin Clark?

What is your perspective about Caitlin Clark?

• Team Steph. I am at least somewhat supportive of her because she is so good for women's sports.

Votes: 128 33.7%
  • Team Alisa. I don't care about Caitlin Clark because she is a Hokeye.

Votes: 232 61.1%
  • Team Steph/Alisa. Please explain how you reconcile these two apparently mutually exclusive options.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Clark is a very good player.

Clark is also a volume scorer who plays on a a team set up to make Clark the focus of everything.

Clark also appears to engage in arrogant, mean-spirited antics and complains about every single potentially adverse call just like a McCaffrey would.

So, no, I won't be supportive of Clark personally, though if more people start watching women's collegiate basketball regularly, I consider that a great thing.

I don't know if she's as impactful as Rebecca Lobo, Lisa Leslie etc. for this or even close to it. Is she even the best player in the country this year?

Like if Iowa loses early in the tourney she'll be long forgotten very quickly.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I don't know if she's as impactful as Rebecca Lobo, Lisa Leslie etc. for this or even close to it. Is she even the best player in the country this year?

Like if Iowa loses early in the tourney she'll be long forgotten very quickly.
Around these parts she's kind of a big deal. Your average Tavern Hawk can now say who she is and can now probably name Frau Bluder. That's progress of a sort.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I do think there are some gender based undertones when people get riled up about her "attitude", etc. You see that stuff in the men's game and don't think twice. I like that she's firey and think it's good for the game.

She's a fun and unique player and good for the game. Stink she's a Hawk, but she's a fun watch.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I do think there are some gender based undertones when people get riled up about her "attitude", etc. You see that stuff in the men's game and don't think twice. I like that she's firey and think it's good for the game.

She's a fun and unique player and good for the game. Stink she's a Hawk, but she's a fun watch.
In some cases that may be true.

But some of us would say exactly the same thing about Jorbo and the McCaffreys (but not about the Murrays) . I don't personally believe it is a misogynistic dog whistle in many cases.

Some of her traits may be reflective of Frau Bluder's tutelage. I've heard that in early season practices she has all players practice making faces, wincing, and whining so they will be ready for the refs.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
In some cases that may be true.

But some of us would say exactly the same thing about Jorbo and the McCaffreys (but not about the Murrays) . I don't personally believe it is a misogynistic dog whistle in many cases.

Some of her traits may be reflective of Frau Bluder's tutelage. I've heard that in early season practices she has all players practice making faces, wincing, and whining so they will be ready for the refs.

Didn't Bluder not have her players shake hands after a loss and blame last year's loss in the tourney on Creighton winning their first game?

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
She's an awesome player with her crazy shots, which definitely helped her getting into ESPN highlights. However, like someone mentioned: the team is designed to give free reign to shoot to her and she does it well. In a sense it reminded me of BF "give the ball to Bridget Carleton" or Gophers MBB when they gave Kris Humphries free reign to shoot and pad his stats.

Is she good for the sports? It definitely helps filing out CH. I think ESPN need a "face" for WBB and who else is fit to be the person other than someone who can make crazy shot selections. It looks better than let's say Aliyah Boston with her complete (but less flashy) game.

I don't like her whining and chicken-wing flapping attitude. I heard from someone who was quite familiar with the EIU WBB that she is high maintenance. I think also someone mentioned her that there was no chemistry between her and our players during her OV.

Would her game translate to the WNBA? I doubt it. She won't survive with that attitude - whining and being selfish and relying on being a volume shooter. Even Goose who won Honda Award has been much less successful than Carleton because BC has a lot of arsenal in her skillset.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
What do I think of Caitlin Clark?
I hope she's never in my early morning sex dreams, I can tell you that.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Stop. Ever heard of Iowa Mens Basketball?

Last edited:

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Heard she was quite the drinker at Dowling and thought she was invincible because she was the star. Not many friends because she was basically a mean *****.

• Haha
Reactions: FatNTired

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

I am a woman who watches lots of women’s basketball. I don’t appreciate whiny players of either gender. She’s basically Connor McCaffery if he could shoot. Rides refs just like him.

I have enjoyed watching Skylar Diggins and Arike Ogunbowale since I also have a ND grad degree. They never got any ounce of the same hype, both got to NCAA championship game.

Status
Not open for further replies.