10th Commit: Angel Dominguez

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I wonder if Dominguez is a Jim Carrey fan, and those two gif's were a shoutout to him?

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
Awesome day!! This was the guy at the top of my list. This kid looks like a skinny 255. He is going to be a beast at 275 after 2 years in the program.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Getting a guy with an Oky St. offer... a team that hung around in the Top 25 most of last year and cracked the Top 5 before playing some giants in Baylor, TCU, and OU... = pretty impressive. We'll see how this coaching staff develops talent, handles game-day prep, and handles the decision-making and nerve to win close games, but, yeah, recruiting doesn't seem like it will be a problem for our goals.

Just trying to calm myself there--they seem adept at one of the most important things towards building a successful college football program. Can't wait until the fall to see how they handle the others, and a few years down the line to see if they can build guys up (always going to be necessary to have a good team in Ames) and how the compounding of such recruiting works out for a couple of actual years.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Must be a misprint. Says he plays DE and he weighs 255. Thought we didn't recruit any DEs over 220 so we could grow them?

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I'm kinda in shock at this point. I was joking earlier today that I was a bit surprised we hadn't already had a commit this week with how April has been going. Now... wow. This staff is insane.

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
This staff has been so impressive. This is truly unreal. Welcome to ISU, Angel!

I met Campbell at Cy's House of Trivia and he is full of energy, but you could tell he wasn't full of himself. He listened as our overzealous table talked too much about ourselves and little things that would probably make most coaches roll their eyes, yet showed real interest in our conversation. He also has a magnetic personality that strikes you as someone you can believe in and gravitate to.

I couldn't be more impressed at this point and it just keeps going up every day!

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
My favorite part about this class so far is that we don't have any of those guys that don't belong. Over the last 10 years there are always 3-4 that I look at and wonder why they are on the team. Guys that I just can't picture ever contributing. We will hopefully have less of that this year since we are getting these guys early enough that we can shift focus to the "next guys up"