***2019 Spring Football Thread***

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Is this an old video? Or did I miss that Kyle Kempt moved into a coach or grad assistant position? Fun to see him at the :48 mark in the video. (or did he get a 7th year?)

Kempt has been around for the pro day that occurred last week.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Azunna will be the 3rd corner. He's pretty good too.
Everything that I’ve seen says that Azunna is switching to safety. Have you heard differently?

I can see him going back to corner in case of emergency. Again, unless you’ve heard differently. Just curious.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Everything that I’ve seen says that Azunna is switching to safety. Have you heard differently?

I can see him going back to corner in case of emergency. Again, unless you’ve heard differently. Just curious.
I think there are a few guys that could bounce back and forth between safety and corner situationally.

It’s even been on record that Anthony Johnson could play safety.

Reactions: Aclone

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
TiL I'm 6'4"
I take it you did that thing where you stand up straight, back to back to get an accurate measurement? Or is this one of those "I saw him on the other side of the room and could clearly tell he was exactly 1 5/8" inches shorter than me?" measurements?

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net

I haven't heard anything but we have a lot of depth at safety already so that would surprise me. I know there are a few guys that can play both just like Payne did - Bowens and K. Jones have already been at corner and safety. It's pretty nice having guys that can move around like that. But I do think we are a bit thin at corner as far as experience goes. Johnson and Young will most likely start and Azunna is the only backup I can think of that has game experience. I think Jones played a little bit his freshman year at safety.

Reactions: Aclone

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I was curious about Azunna. Last year at this time they were talking about him being maybe the best pure cover corner on the team. The recent news is he is switching to safety. Seems like something has changed. Whether that means he is just moving inside because he the best tackler out of the CBs or some of the other CBs have proven to be better at coverage.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa

From the Cyclone Football Instagram page. Slide #2 is the o-line. Could this be the starting lineup?

LT: JGJ
LG: Knipfel?
C: Newell
RG: Trevor Downing?
RT: Jarrod Hubbord?

I thought the same thing. It could also they are trying to get Hubbord and Downing some reps with the 1st team to see where they stand up against the others.

• Winner
Reactions: jdcyclone19

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
I thought the same thing. It could also they are trying to get Hubbord and Downing some reps with the 1st team to see where they stand up against the others.

I could see that coaching staff trying to push the offensive line and create some healthy competition. The coaches know ISU is one decent Oline away from 10 wins and competing for a conference title.

• Agree
Reactions: JimmyChitwood