***2019 Spring Football Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

From the Cyclone Football Instagram page. Slide #2 is the o-line. Could this be the starting lineup?

LT: JGJ
LG: Knipfel?
C: Newell
RG: Trevor Downing?
RT: Jarrod Hubbord?

Downing is the switch we all kinda expect. Hufford jumping Meeker, Foster and Ramos this early would be monumental. If true that's on par with Purdy and Rose a year ago.

• Optimistic
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Downing is the switch we all kinda expect. Hufford jumping Meeker, Foster and Ramos this early would be monumental. If true that's on par with Purdy and Rose a year ago.
Reading too much. They’ve said they were experimenting with lots of players at various positions. Focus on flexibility.

• Winner
Reactions: bozclone

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Teran benton was pretty short too

Teran Benton may have been short, but Ter'ran Benton was actually pretty tall and stout and he wasn't even a CB. He was a safety. He was listed at 6-0 and 208 as a senior.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Reading too much. They’ve said they were experimenting with lots of players at various positions. Focus on flexibility.

No, I don't think this is the case either, I was simply commenting on the poster's what if. However, I do think it's possible Knipfel ends up our true back up Tackle while starting once again at RG. Making Downing's need to be able to step in at RG necessary even if he were to be tabbed the starter at LG.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I'm hoping the o-line from left to right ends up being Good-Jones, Downing, Newell, Knipfel, Meeker. A lot of experience there and Downing starting over Olsen would give the line a lot more size.

I expect Ramos to get plenty of reps and there are a few other guys that could get some PT as well. The o-line simply has to step it up this year. With all the senior talent of the front 7 on defense, some good players in the secondary, and talented skill players on offense, this could be the best year this program has ever had.

Reactions: Cardinal and Gold