2021 Football Targets

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I don't follow recruiting that closely but I read that Register story, then last night I saw the Roland-Story football Twitter account had a couple tweets mocking the ISU football program.

Followed by this retweet:

I don't follow HS football program Twitter accounts so maybe I'm out of touch, but I would expect them to be above stuff like that. I suppose it could just be an Iowa fan that manages that account, or perhaps it's the coach nursing a grudge. Regardless, it seems - to borrow a word - "unprofessional." Whether that's a tell on what happens with this Twedt kid, who knows. But I couldn't help but think of that Register story.

Is ISU backing off of Zach Twedt? There was a DMR article that sort of indicated that ISU has not contacted him during the allowable period and that he is not a Hawkeye lean.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Is ISU backing off of Zach Twedt? There was a DMR article that sort of indicated that ISU has not contacted him during the allowable period and that he is not a Hawkeye lean.

Did you mean "now" a Hawkeye lean, rather than "not"? My guess is that's the case but I'm just going with what I read. I don't follow recruiting that closely, but back around the time of the Iowa game I had seen the previous story and then the tweets from his school's football account made their way into my Twitter timeline so I felt like I should share.

But to read between the lines it sure sounds like we've cooled on him, and him on us.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Did you mean "now" a Hawkeye lean, rather than "not"? My guess is that's the case but I'm just going with what I read. I don't follow recruiting that closely, but back around the time of the Iowa game I had seen the previous story and then the tweets from his school's football account made their way into my Twitter timeline so I felt like I should share.

But to read between the lines it sure sounds like we've cooled on him, and him on us.

Sounds like a stud but have never seen him play. Would we actually cool on a stud? Or has he always liked Iowa, or did something happen between last year and now behind the scenes? And why has Bain wrote same approx article within a month? Those tweets after Iowa game were unprofessional for an official high school’s FB site. Should have been on the persons private acct that spoke it. Surely recruits expect schools to offer multiple people at their position due to roster size & depth needs. Betting negative recruiting is going on with the different philosophies. Obviously I get that we aren’t entitled to receive fluid recruiting info, info that must take many twists and turns. Crazy stuff.

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Sounds like a stud but have never seen him play. Would we actually cool on a stud? Or has he always liked Iowa, or did something happen between last year and now behind the scenes? And why has Bain wrote same approx article within a month? Those tweets after Iowa game were unprofessional for an official high school’s FB site. Should have been on the persons private acct that spoke it. Surely recruits expect schools to offer multiple people at their position due to roster size & depth needs. Betting negative recruiting is going on with the different philosophies. Obviously I get that we aren’t entitled to receive fluid recruiting info, info that must take many twists and turns. Crazy stuff.

Good football player, but far from irreplaceable.