WDE TJ Bollers: Army, Iowa
CB Devonta Smith: ISU, Kentucky, Oklahoma

mgordon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 25, 2006
Kearney, Missouri
So his 247 profile needs updated, they list him as 6'2" 205

I have seen him play in person. My son got to know him quite well. Lutheran plays a 3-4. Travion was a stand up outside linebacker but was on the line of scrimmage at all times. Think a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL. He rushed the passer 98% of the time. I am guessing his listed height and weight at 6'2 205 is an old listing. The game program had him listed at 6'4 220. Standing next to him on the field he was all of 6'4-6'5. Extremely long arms, fast, athletic, great bend-Proto-typical rush end. He would be like Will McDonald- Great pass rusher and a liability in pass coverage. He would be wasted in pass coverage IMHO. He is elite at rushing the passer, and will have NFL potential there.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I have seen him play in person. My son got to know him quite well. Lutheran plays a 3-4. Travion was a stand up outside linebacker but was on the line of scrimmage at all times. Think a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL. He rushed the passer 98% of the time. I am guessing his listed height and weight at 6'2 205 is an old listing. The game program had him listed at 6'4 220. Standing next to him on the field he was all of 6'4-6'5. Extremely long arms, fast, athletic, great bend-Proto-typical rush end. He would be like Will McDonald- Great pass rusher and a liability in pass coverage. He would be wasted in pass coverage IMHO. He is elite at rushing the passer, and will have NFL potential there.

I wasn't disputing your post, as you seemed to have personal knowledge. I was legitimately saying 247 needs to update his profile. Thanks for the great information though.

mgordon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 25, 2006
Kearney, Missouri
I wasn't disputing your post, as you seemed to have personal knowledge. I was legitimately saying 247 needs to update his profile. Thanks for the great information though.
I know, no worries. Just giving my first hand impressions of him. Sorry if I came across as defensive.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuffettClone

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Great information to know. Sadly, all i'm hearing is he will have a great career at Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Georgia, etc and not Iowa state haha.

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Whoa. Certainly has the size. Anyone got a scouting report on this kid?

Haven’t seen him play, but he’s the #3 Heavyweight wrestler in 2A. Generally translates well to football.

He’ll be a part of a really good football team this fall, too.

• Informative
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron