Bankston Transferring to the Rajun Cajuns (EDIT: Now Houston)

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
tenor.gif

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
They’ve put out a few NFL players lately. He will have a chance to shine against mostly lesser talent(and some bigger talent still). He gets his wish of playing on a 4 man front where he’ll be able to make more plays.

But yeah, I get the feeling something went down behind the scenes.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Good luck to Bankston. This one is a bit of a head scratcher for me though as he was critical in the Texas game, then seemed to fall off the map before announcing the transfer. If he is looking for starter minutes and stats understood and good luck to him. Still a strong position group for us.

Reactions: cyputz

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
That pretty much tells you that there is more to the stray than what we will ever know. Seems like his departure may not have been 100% voluntary.
Definitely odd. Makes you think something happened behind the scenes that made it mutual and obviously disproves the he is going to Auburn theory.
Welp, if nothing else, it suggests that the issue may have been academics. I can't imagine the Louisiana college system is a whole lot better than the rest of their public school system.
Judging by what both Latrell and Matt Campbell have said (“He’s a great guy!”), here’s what the “mutual” was:

Latrell: “Coach, I want to start. I need to start next year.”

CMC: “Latrell, you know I can’t guarantee that until I see consistency on every play. Isaiah is consistent.”

Latrell: “You mean, I have to wait til next Fall to prove it?”

CMC: “Yup.”

Latrell: “Crap.”

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Don't worry, we have plenty of excuses as to why we're actually the better team. This board spent the early 2000s taking notes from Hawkeye fans.
I didn’t actually think the “beat us” part was necessary, but left it on out of simple honesty.

Napier is a good coach. ULL is a level where an athletic 6’0” DT can excel. He’s guaranteed a starting spot he wouldn’t get at a P5 school. I don’t see how it’s a strange move at all.

FeedBreece

Dec 30, 2020
Y’know, I’m a little tired of the repeated character assassination for a player who made two huge plays that helped win an immense game for us.

He made a choice he felt was best for himself and his future. It’s not hurting us. Get over it.
All jokes here. It’s ultimately his choice he needs to make for himself, and we’re all well aware of that.