Bankston Transferring to the Rajun Cajuns (EDIT: Now Houston)

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
That seems like quite the step down. Yikes
I seem to recall they beat ISU at JT and they have been a 10+ win team the last 2 years. So he will get good coaching and exposure with the Cajuns.

Obviously, his transfer is about getting snaps in a defense that fits his skills. Can't fault a kid If it is his best chance to play in the NFL. There are a lot of non-P5 guys drafted rounds 1-3.

Wish him the best.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
A little ironic in his hashtags he has culture listed. With the offer postings on Twitter 1st and then this, seems like he is trying a little hard to throw it back in the face of the ISU program. Maybe I'm thinking to much into it.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
A little ironic in his hashtags he has culture listed. With the offer postings on Twitter 1st and then this, seems like he is trying a little hard to throw it back in the face of the ISU program. Maybe I'm thinking to much into it.

That's Louisiana's tag line, like The Process is for Iowa State. They capitalize the UL (cULture).

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Welp, if nothing else, it suggests that the issue may have been academics. I can't imagine the Louisiana college system is a whole lot better than the rest of their public school system.
Could he have not qualified for the bowl? Plenty entering portal after.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think I'm just "over" his story. I think he would have had a blast and really enjoyed the Fiesta. Who wouldn't? That's a BCS bowl and I get if you're opting out for pro reasons one thousand percent, but this is all just weird.
I'm not gonna speculate on his grades.

Good luck on your future Latrell, and thanks for being a Cyclone.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think I'm just "over" his story. I think he would have had a blast and really enjoyed the Fiesta. Who wouldn't? That's a BCS bowl and I get if you're opting out for pro reasons one thousand percent, but this is all just weird.
I'm not gonna speculate on his grades.

Good luck on your future Latrell, and thanks for being a Cyclone.
His story?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Is this a point of contention or am I finding nuance that's not there?
Auburn tampering, grades, etc. I cared at first but I just dont anymore. His snaps decreased for a reason and i trust the staff.
I wish him well, I just think he missed out on something really special.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
His best chance for the NFL would have been to play in the Fiesta bowl and make some exceptional plays. The mystery is why he entered the portal before the Fiesta Bowl?

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
You mean transferring to a former opponent like Shayok?

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
That’s a weird choice with the P5 offers he was getting as soon as he announced he was in the portal. Whatever. Best of luck.