Bo Williams moves up the depth chart!

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Bo has moved up the depth chart ahead of Blakenship. I'm looking foward to seeing him show his stuff on the field, as are a lot of fans. With ARob banged up, this could well be Bo's week. In warmups he caught everything thrown at him, and he has the acceleration.

Reactions: cyfanatic

wpicmin

Apr 3, 2009
I love how were all holdin out hope that Bo is gonna come in someday to Michael Jordan's intro song and come in and rush for 150 yrds along side Arob to help us win the Big XII title....

I love the optimism though

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I wanna see him play. I want to see him carry the ball. Even if he doesn't know the offense completely, at some point he had to have known how to carry the football. Who knows, maybe in games he just puts it together, he just doesn't practice well.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
This was mentioned in a couple of other threads. Does it really mean anything?

Seems rather odd that the #3 running back wouldn't see a play in the four non-conference games...

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
He seems like too good of athlete not to see the field in some capacity. Maybe he'll get converted to linebacker or something in the offseason. You look at the guy on the sidelines and you scratch your head as to how someone who definitely passes the eye test can't get any time. I know there's been allegations of him having toughness issues on here in the past and maybe there's some merit to that.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He seems like too good of athlete not to see the field in some capacity. Maybe he'll get converted to linebacker or something in the offseason. You look at the guy on the sidelines and you scratch your head as to how someone who definitely passes the eye test can't get any time. I know there's been allegations of him having toughness issues on here in the past and maybe there's some merit to that.

You look at the guy on the sidelines and say to yourself, "Self, how the hell does a guy like that not play at all." Then you scratch your head and watch Arob and say "OK." Then two freshman spell him and you say the same thing again except add "AND he was recruited by Florida." There is something going on and I just wanna know what the hell it is.

Last edited:

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Random thought: did Bo ever get his car stereo back that was stolen when he first got to campus?

jt tailgater

May 22, 2006
I was sitting behind the bench Saturday night, Bo spent more time looking into the stands than he watching the game. Then Arob went down and looked like he got serious, put his helmet on and moved closer to the field.

Cymaster

Jun 14, 2006
You look at the guy on the sidelines and say to yourself, "Self, how the hell does a guy like that not play at all." Then you scratch your head and watch Arob and say "OK." Then two freshman spell him and you say the same thing again except add "AND he was recruited by Florida." There is something going on and I just wanna know what the hell it is.

I thought it was brought up a while ago that he really didn't work as hard as the other guys. I hate to throw an accusation like that out there if I'm remembering wrong. But, if that is the case, it comes down to how Rhoads wants to build his team. In my opinion, you're not going to get a huge amount of talent coming to ISU, especially in your first couple of years. So, if you're going to get the effort out of the less talented players, you can't have a more talented guy slacking off and still getting playing time. Just a theory....

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I remember the name of the last running back that had lots of accolades but stood on the sidelines all season while the fan base begged for the coach to play him.

When he finally did, he returned a kickoff for a TD. The next year he ran for over 2000 yds and then topped that by doing it again his Junior year.

That RB was Troy Davis.

Not saying Bo is Troy Davis, but we'll never know until he gets some carries and he is good enough to get some carries.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Whoever goes into the game HAS to have the ability to catch the ball for this offense to work... Bo can't catch, not even in simple little drills.