Bo Williams moves up the depth chart!

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I very much agree with the blocking aspect, but idk about the coaches protecting arnaud. He's gonna take hits all year long and yes good blocking will minimize them, but why did we have him when the army game was over score-wise along with some second teamers and he was running the ball multiple times and some on planned QB draws?

IMO, a hit via sack because a back missed an assignment would be far greater than about any hit on a QB draw (unless we're talking in the open field). So I don't by the protecting AA but I do most certainly buy one of the reasons Bo is not in there being related to blocking.

synapticwave

Mar 9, 2007
Austin, TX
www.longshotgames.com
I very much agree with the blocking aspect, but idk about the coaches protecting arnaud. He's gonna take hits all year long and yes good blocking will minimize them, but why did we have him when the army game was over score-wise along with some second teamers and he was running the ball multiple times and some on planned QB draws?

There's a big difference between taking a blind side hit while standing there and taking hits while running the ball; both from a hit/injury potential but also in terms of ball security/turnovers. I think the main reason Arnaud was still in the game running is that they want to get him practice running the zone read. He's missed his reads several times and I think the coaches want to get him as much practice with that as possible. From what I remember, most of his runs in the 3rd and 4th quarter were zone read options where he kept it. The last series he had some true QB draws running out the clock, and I agree, no reason to have him doing that, but I can understand wanting to get him more practice in a new offense learning to make better reads.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
A lot of people supposing he cant block etc....without knowing the facts.

I have not heard much specifically on blocking. But I do know facts in the other areas of his game. And if he's not a fan of contact carrying the ball, often times that translates to blocking as well.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I don't know a thing about Bo Williams. But I do assume our coaches want to win football games and I doubt they are burying a guy who can help us do that. Listen to yourselves.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't know a thing about Bo Williams. But I do assume our coaches want to win football games and I doubt they are burying a guy who can help us do that. Listen to yourselves.

It's much easier to ignore this. Some don't want to admit instances like JJ Bass or Wallace Franklin can repeat themselves.

It's pretty much a given here that the more hype a player receives, the less impact that person has...sometimes the fault of that player and other times just circumstances. Goes back to Wallace in '02 - got all that national attention and the bottom fell out at OU. Meyer/Blythe got tons of hype after their freshman/sophomore seasons going into '06 and poof.

Bass was "the man" and he had a sliver of impact...Franklin was supposed to be the fastest thing in Ames and the guy virtually never saw the field.

We all know about the hype surrounding Money and Bo...one is done for the season and the other has yet to even have a season.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
It's much easier to ignore this. Some don't want to admit instances like JJ Bass or Wallace Franklin can repeat themselves.

It's pretty much a given here that the more hype a player receives, the less impact that person has...sometimes the fault of that player and other times just circumstances. Goes back to Wallace in '02 - got all that national attention and the bottom fell out at OU. Meyer/Blythe got tons of hype after their freshman/sophomore seasons going into '06 and poof.

Bass was "the man" and he had a sliver of impact...Franklin was supposed to be the fastest thing in Ames and the guy virtually never saw the field.

We all know about the hype surrounding Money and Bo...one is done for the season and the other has yet to even have a season.
Dont forget Jennert..but i think he may be RS

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA

Ding! Ding! Ding!

How many hours have the coaches watched Bo play and practice? The answer: LOTS.

Yet, there are fans who seem sure we are keeping a player on the bench who is better than players who are seeing the field. It is ludicrous.

At the NDSU game, some guy behind me kept yelling "Put in Bo Williams!".

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

This.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

So, Bo isn't playing because of the hype. Thanks for clearing it up.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Sarcasm! :)

My point was, it's just another thing we can't seem to get right here. The players with the highest expectations/hype seem to fall short for a variety of reasons.

We all appreciate your advise on posting topics and proper levels of anticipation of players' abilities to perform.

Reactions: pulse and tim_redd

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Advice? Try a simple observation. :)

711897515_b85f301291.jpg

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
So when does everyone expect to see Bo play in this game? I think he's too good of a player to be sitting on the sidelines

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
Bo Williams......

What he is..
-Spectacular athlete
-Powerful runner
-STRONG

What he isnt..
-Able to catch ANYTHING
-Able to block ANYONE
-Able to learn the offense

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Bo Williams......

What he is..
-Spectacular athlete
-Powerful runner
-STRONG

What he isnt..
-Able to catch ANYTHING
-Able to block ANYONE
-Able to learn the offense

Know from personal observations or speculation off of a message board?

Help Support Us

Become a patron