DeShawn Hanika Transferring

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
End of season review this setback truly made us stronger not only for the future but I doubt we win 7 games if it didn't happen. Looking at how this played out you can definitely argue we were better off without them.

Lee, I don't have a singular name that replaced him because our rotation was so deep but he had the most egregious act (betting against ISU) that's the type of character you want nowhere near the program.

Dekkers, Rocco is the guy that deserves the most credit for this season's outcome.

Remsburg, short term he'd of helped. Neal was awful from the start but he truly developed and will be a solid starter going forward. Not sure that'd be the case if he wasn't on the field this season.

Brock, Sama gets the opportunity and he should be preseason AC next season.

Hanika, deep room. Brahmer emerges as an elite weapon.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Agree with the actual bet stuff, it was dumb. The problem for DCI is several reports were that the information was obtained illegally. Which means it will be thrown out. So now you have no evidence against any of the betters.
Depends how you mean it. Assuming he is successful on his Suppression Motion, all suppressed evidence would not be usable by the prosecution in its case-in-chief. It still could be used for other purposes, including in civil proceedings.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Depends how you mean it. Assuming he is successful on his Suppression Motion, all suppressed evidence would not be usable by the prosecution in its case-in-chief. It still could be used for other purposes, including in civil proceedings.
Thanks for the info. I thought once deemed illegally obtained then it was dead.

Reactions: Drew0311

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
It is, to directly prove the Defendant guilty in the criminal case. I'm just being a pedant to point out that there are exceptions to the exclusionary rule. Every once in a great while those exceptions matter.

Could the NCAA be liable at all for using information that was obtained illegaly and suspending kids?

Reactions: Letterkenny

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
Also, did Iowa and Iowa St dig into this investigation at all or did they just say we surrender and start handing names over to the NCAA?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
They need to show Brian’s meltdown when doing the hok highlights. Most exiting part of this game.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Could the NCAA be liable at all for using information that was obtained illegaly and suspending kids?
I still don't understand why the DCI apparently handed over information to the NCAA on the gambling probe. Since when is law enforcement in the business of handing over legal information to private entities? That's shady as hell.

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I still don't understand why the DCI apparently handed over information to the NCAA on the gambling probe. Since when is law enforcement in the business of handing over legal information to private entities? That's shady as hell.
I don't know how that went down, but it's not like the NCAA wouldn't have caught wind of it. It would have made headlines. Also, once DCI pressed charges, Iowa state would have to self report no?

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I don't know how that went down, but it's not like the NCAA wouldn't have caught wind of it. It would have made headlines. Also, once DCI pressed charges, Iowa state would have to self report no?
I believe once ISU found out they self reported.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So I'll say it for you (simply agree with this post if I am right): Special Agent Brian Sanger

You nailed it. Have you had other interactions with this guy?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron