DeShawn Hanika Transferring

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I feel for the kid. Screwed out of a year because someone wanted to make a name for themselves.

Say what you want about Tom Brands but his rant a week or two ago in his presser was dynamite. I loved that he defended both institutions. Eventually more info is going to come out on this but yeah politicians suck.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

I hope he finds a really good place to land!
Thats the worst part is we don't know how all the NIL **** will shake out and who will be left standing in the TE room.
You guys and your NIL paranoia. There’s about a one in a thousand chance this kid makes a money grab.

In the first place, he already turned down a chance at big Nebby NIL money. In the second place, he’s in an absolutely PERFECT place for him. Not only are there very few schools that use the tight end the way ISU does, he’s already the established leader here. AND Rocco, Abu, Jaylin, Jayden and four fifths of the OL is coming back.

He’s in a really, really sweet spot right now. Two healthy years more, a little S&C work, and he’s off to the NFL, with a great college resume behind him. Probably All American. Making a money grab increases the risk of that happening in multiple dimensions.

Oh, and it’s not as if we don’t have a TON of talent without him. Aside from all of the other guys, if we manage get Stephen Cooper in the fold—he looks like another Brahmer level talent.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Hanika couldn’t have stayed if he wanted to, I don’t think. Notice he says “as a graduate transfer”. He lost a year of eligibility to the gambling thing, so his only option to continue playing was to go elsewhere.

I feel absolutely terrible for him, because he got ******. I will root for him wherever he ends up.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Hanika couldn’t have stayed if he wanted to, I don’t think. Notice he says “as a graduate transfer”. He lost a year of eligibility to the gambling thing, so his only option to continue playing was to go elsewhere.

I feel absolutely terrible for him, because he got ******. I will root for him wherever he ends up.
Are you saying that CMC wouldn’t have taken him back?

I could see where he limits the number of COVID seniors he takes back this year (at the least, suggesting they’d get more PT elsewhere), but I hope Darien Porter is one of them.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Are you saying that CMC wouldn’t have taken him back?

I could see where he limits the number of COVID seniors he takes back this year (at the least, suggesting they’d get more PT elsewhere), but I hope Darien Porter is one of them.

I wanna see Porter start at CB in the bowl game. Let’s see how he does

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Between covid and grad transfers there should be a a whole lot of free masters given out. Good for all the kids who take advantage of it.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

I think you may have been right at some point in the past, but I think with the covid year being a thing, he could have stayed. Someone can tell me why I'm wrong though, and I'd listen.