Hilton floor is for sale

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Lucky for the ones that actually was able to purchase. I spent 55 minutes trying to process my payment before they shut the site down. Like what did they expect would happen? Everyone wanted a piece of the floor, especially at that price point..

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
Finally got an email back from them while at basketball practice. It said they will be sending it in a couple of days

Last edited:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Finally got an email back from them while at basketball practice. It said they will be sending me in a couple of days
Where are you going?

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Yup just sending a refund. Charged me, but it didn't go through they say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Hey folks,

We should get together a complete list of people whose accounts were charged but who are being denied what is offered.

I'd like to at least know numbers so I have better information for my Sternly Worded E-mail #2.

I'm not asking for actual names, of course.
Me

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
Hey folks,

We should get together a complete list of people whose accounts were charged but who are being denied what is offered.

I'd like to at least know numbers so I have better information for my Sternly Worded E-mail #2.

Me

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I'm pretty sure you're all supposed to stop complaining. When the officials mess up your purchase, you just need to just order better. It's obviously all your fault, the officials had nothing to do with your lack of capability to get the "win".

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Hey folks,

Obviously me too

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
I had a cordial phone conversation with the person who had responsibility for the sale. It sounded as if they are catching some heat from the athletic department (as well as from us).

I advocated for some sort of arrangement whereby those folks whose money was taken could have priority to complete the purchase before opening it up to the public again. Even if it were just a code or something that were emailed out-they have our email addresses obviously.

He stated that they lacked the personnel to handle it manually as there were several hundred people in that situation. He said they were exploring ideas but it didn't necessarily sound like any priority will be given.

I've got no real pull, so I'm sure my input won't receive a whole lot of consideration. But he did take the time to discuss it.
Me tweeting Jamie might have done something because he in fact, did NOT block me. Kidding, maybe, I don't know lol.
I appreciate you calling them though

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Basketball floor is 4700 square feet...this would have probably been more with the edges. At $50 a pop, that's $235k...how much was the listing again?
The loading, having a semi, storage, cutting, labeling, etc. would be a beast....but, if you had the means (and maybe sell the logo for a big ticket)...might be worth it?

As I recall, the opening bid was something like $25k. I contemplated buying it and running my own sale, but got discouraged by the folks who did it the last time. In retrospect, I think I could have pulled it off by renting some vacant storage space and hiring a few guys on the side to cut and move the pieces. Seems like it would have been a fun and profitable venture.

Surprised that there was no public offering of the full logo sections. Only the Pioneer logo is "sold out" which suggests that they made a special deal.

And they should have offered some larger plain sections for people who wanted to use it as a bar or mancave floor.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm pretty sure you're all supposed to stop complaining. When the officials mess up your purchase, you just need to just order better. It's obviously all your fault, the officials had nothing to do with your lack of capability to get the "win".

Did the crew from Saturday night get a side job handling the Hilton floor sale?