How good can this team be?

What is your general feeling about the MBB Program entering the season?

• No Postseason; this young team will struggle to gel with so many new faces

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Postseason, non-NCAA berth; team is full of raw potential, chemistry may develop slow, will compete

Votes: 68 28.7%
  • NCAA Berth; you think this team will surprise some people and finish top half of conference

Votes: 46 19.4%
  • Irrelevant; Season will produce inconsistent results amidst pandemic, season will end prematurely

Votes: 33 13.9%

• Total voters

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Seems as though we are trending toward option 4 here...although certainly fan expecations were a bit amiss prior to the season. 35% had it right.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Seems as though we are trending toward option 4 here...although certainly fan expecations were a bit amiss prior to the season. 35% had it right.

i dont think the season will end 'prematurely' but we are very irrelevant!

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Life of an optimist. I was on option 2. I never thought we would have a great season but thought we would compete better than shown so far.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
There really wasn't an option that fit my view perfectly, but we've turned out to be even a little worse than I expected.
Yeah, I thought there would be more wins. Granted I think we were robbed of 2 winnable games in DePaul and Chicago St. The SDSU loss was really an early eye opener for just how terrible things might turn out, and they have thus far. Too lazy to look, but I think somewhere in the thread I way too optimistically thought we could go 8-10 in the Big 12. At this point, I'd settle for 4-14, but even that seems too optimistic given what we have seen.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yeah, I thought there would be more wins. Granted I think we were robbed of 2 winnable games in DePaul and Chicago St. The SDSU loss was really an early eye opener for just how terrible things might turn out, and they have thus far. Too lazy to look, but I think somewhere in the thread I way too optimistically thought we could go 8-10 in the Big 12. At this point, I'd settle for 4-14, but even that seems too optimistic given what we have seen.

I figured a max of 7. CSU was probably a win, DePaul was a maybe.
No way 8-10 in conference was ever happening, though.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I mean, if the over under on the season is 2.5, who is taking the over? I’m not. This team doesn’t play either smart or hard. And there’s not much talent to start with. Very little skill and less effort.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I still think there’s talent and athleticism. They show the flashes and occasionally play well as a team, but for the most part they play as a bunch of poorly coached selfish players.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I mean, if the over under on the season is 2.5, who is taking the over? I’m not. This team doesn’t play either smart or hard. And there’s not much talent to start with. Very little skill and less effort.

it’s college basketball. There are always upsets, I’d have the O/U at 4.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Back to the thread title, you know there will be one game where they put it all together, beat someone they shouldn't and show us how good this team can be, but it will probably only be for one game. Just enough to tease us and get our hopes up. I thought we would be closer to that level and thus predicted .500.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I'm always the optimist, and we have a very good nucleus, IMO. If these guys stay healthy, and we don't miss a lot of the season with Coved cancelations, I think they have a great deal of potential.

I also think out pandemic protocols and the area of the country we're in, puts us in a better place than other schools/conferences at this time, (too bad the Chump can't take Gov. Trumpette when he goes, or we'd be in great shape!!!).

I think this is the year the CSP shows how good a coach he can really be...
I’m sticking with 15-10 and NCAA 8 or 9 seed. Like the Johnny Orr years. We have too much youth to be better and too much talent to be worse. The team will improve as the season moves on. Also, the Big 12 teams aren’t exactly “knocking out of the park” this year so far.

We are seeing the exact coaching I was expecting from Prohm. I was a big Prohm guy until the 18-19 season. You could see we were poorly coached. Lots of good pieces but couldn't really do anything.

Also ISU as an NCAA tourney team, that's gold. Prohm has done nothing to show he can coach up players.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I still think there’s talent on this team. I hope we have a new staff next year and a lot of them stick around/Hunter sticks to his commitment.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron