I don't understand how anyone has ever liked Tang

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Tang is keeping quiet because he knows if he says what he was really mad about he'll look like an idiot. TJ is keeping quiet about because making this into a circus provides no benefit to him or the team.
Very possible, I don't have a clue. Again, I don't like the way Tang acted or behaved, but I am also an ISU fan.

I may change my opinion further on Tang after watching the film. Generally I don't like whiney coaches or coaches who also try to get in the refs ears. If that's what we have with Tang, I'm not a fan.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I would imagine some fans who were at the game tonight would had seen what happened. I’m surprised we haven’t heard from other fans, to be honest. Curious to hear what they think happened
I wish more people who don't hate everything they disagree with, or maybe don't understand, would speak up. Why so many haters? Surely not everyone here hates the man? I don't hate Coach Tang. If others want to hate him, that's their prerogative, I guess.

Kindness is greater than hate. I don't mean to lecture, that's my opinion. It works for me, more than the other way.

I too would like to hear what happened from some of the fans who were there.

• Winner
Reactions: ClubCy

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
Before last night, Kansas State had played the weakest schedule to date in the Big 12. That was not a good team by my eyeball test, they hit a bunch of well-contested, late-in-the-shot-clock prayer bailout threes and that made it a game against an Iowa State team whose best player had a terrible game. Wheels are about to fall off for Tang when the schedule difficulty ticks up.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
These two would have an epic battle to determine who's softer.
This episode will be great for the conference. Love to have good teams/coaches you love to hate. Next game will be appointment television to see what happens next. Builds some viewership we desperately need and will be a juicy storyline ESPN will have a hard time ignoring.

Reactions: VeloClone

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
I'm sure the fans and the officiating are why mighty Kansas State lost the game by double-digits.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
This episode will be great for the conference. Love to have good teams/coaches you love to hate. Next game will be appointment television to see what happens next. Builds some viewership we desperately need and will be a juicy storyline ESPN will have a hard time ignoring.
I do agree that friction between teams and coaches tends to hype up the games...evidence we all will see Saturday with Kansas. Tang certainly appears that he wants to get to the Self level of fan dislike given his actions here. But, he needs a decade of success if he wants to get to that level. Is Tang a good coach...absolutely. But don't expect other Big 12 teams (and fans) to instantly look at you as the next coming of Coach K. Pay your dues...earn your success...there's no crying in Big 12 Basketball.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We won’t have to worry about him much longer. Guessing he’s gone after this year.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I do agree that friction between teams and coaches tends to hype up the games...evidence we all will see Saturday with Kansas. Tang certainly appears that he wants to get to the Self level of fan dislike given his actions here. But, he needs a decade of success if he wants to get to that level. Is Tang a good coach...absolutely. But don't expect other Big 12 teams (and fans) to instantly look at you as the next coming of Coach K. Pay your dues...earn your success...there's no crying in Big 12 Basketball.
Tang can't get on Self's level. We hate Self mostly for being a winner, and Tang hasn't done enough of that yet. Tang is a dime store Norm Stewart if you ask me, maybe a Billy Tubbs for his antics, but even that feel like elevating him too much.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Well you should have seen him during the game. An absolute embarrassment. I sat behind the kst8 bench and he complained and whined the entire game. Even after they got a call go their way he still complained about something. I bet he tried to get them to go to the monitor and look for flagrant fouls 10 times or more and I'm not kidding. The worst for me was when he PURPOSELY yelled at the ref during an isu free throw attempt. That's the first time I've ever seen a HEAD COACH do that. Pretty low class in my opinion.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Well you should have seen him during the game. An absolute embarrassment. I sat behind the kst8 bench and he complained and whined the entire game. Even after they got a call go their way he still complained about something. I bet he tried to get them to go to the monitor and look for flagrant fouls 10 times or more and I'm not kidding. The worst for me was when he PURPOSELY yelled at the ref during an isu free throw attempt. That's the first time I've ever seen a HEAD COACH do that. Pretty low class in my opinion.
From where you were at could you get any sense of what was getting them riled up around the 8 minute mark of the second half? Seriously, inquiring minds want to know.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Tang's a good coach and it's obvious his players and fans love him. To everyone else, he's a psycho crybaby.

FWIW, this is exactly how most of the Big 12 fans view Campbell, with his numerous freakouts at the refs.

This has been posted multiple times and I'm calling BS. Matt has had some animated freak outs but no more than anyone else and nothing like the 2.5 hour whiny little display Tang put on last night.

Every interaction he had with TJ was bush league, during the game and after, especially after he and his team just crapped their pants in the last 4 minutes.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
TJ is on his phone during games only to get live coaching tips from @ZRF .

I can confirm this as false.

You'll know I have TJs ear when Pavs doesn't enter a game, Watson plays more, and performances like Lipsey's results in a little more bench time. You also wouldn't see us trap when we are consistently getting burned off of it.

I do know he has my number on speed dial, which has resulted in a few drunken phone calls. Good Ole TJ!