Iowa State and Iowa issue joint statement on marching bands

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
If you don't have any new information, no reason to say anything. Just gotta let this play out. If there's nothing on camera and no police report, there just isn't much to say. What is Iowa going to investigate? It happened in Ames and they don't have the power to do much on their own except investigate themselves at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: HitItHard58

cycfan

Nov 8, 2006
I've had it with the U of I. This is a smear campaign. They should have kept their mouths shut until they had more information. They are a bunch of whiny sniveling hypocrites. They weren't so outraged when one of their star basketball players sexually assaulted another U of I athlete. Their response then was to let him take a redshirt season for the time he missed and welcome him back the next year. So, they can spare me any of their efforts to make me believe anything they say.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Pollard's not just sitting on his hands about this. I would put money on that since last week, he's had a staffer going through all video they have and checking to see if there is anything of substance shown. Once Iowa drops more random BS, he will provide what they've found on the video.

• Agree
Reactions: clone1990

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Oh, so you think he’s got hard proof of what happened and it’s all five and dandy, he just likes seeing Iowa State on the ticker of ESPN for violent fans attacking a band?
Likely he doesn't have proof that anything did or didn't happen and that's why he's not saying anything. At this point, I think the way to handle it is sit back and let the hok goons continue tightening the noose on themselves. Jumping in the mud with them and going back and forth every other day won't do anything to help our image. How many people watching ESPN have seen that and thought twice about it? Outside of the state, most people don't give a **** about our ridiculous marching band drama.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
“A girl’s ribs are broken because of fan interaction,” he said. “A member of the band was cornered by a number of males and was assaulted.”

If this is true this is appalling behavior.

But I'm having a really tough time understanding that if this is as stated, where were they? How did she get her ribs broken? Who broke it up? Somebody else must have seen something.

These questions need to be answered now.
The more days pass without any specific information on anything besides the injuries, the more it seems like the truth was stretched and they can't reel it back in without mud on their face. No doubt in my mind that a version of these things happened, but exaggeration by college kids isn't exactly a new phenomenon. Doesn't change that people need to stop being ******** about football games played by 20 year olds.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Holy cow this band thing has been a internet cash machine for @ChrisMWilliams , two 24 pg threads plus the Barta one that seems to have dropped of the front page.

Just wait till the moment of silence at Kinnick this weekend for the victims.

And the football players wearing black armbands.

The hospital kids and crowd will be waving at the band because they feel so bad for them.

abd4cy

Jul 16, 2010
Phoenix
Likely he doesn't have proof that anything did or didn't happen and that's why he's not saying anything. At this point, I think the way to handle it is sit back and let the hok goons continue tightening the noose on themselves. Jumping in the mud with them and going back and forth every other day won't do anything to help our image. How many people watching ESPN have seen that and thought twice about it? Outside of the state, most people don't give a **** about our ridiculous marching band drama.

This x1000. Living in AZ I have heard nothing about it, other than what I read on here. My coworkers know I'm a huge ISU fan, and we talk football every week and not one person has mentioned it. None of my fellow ISU fans out here have mentioned it in conversation either. All ISU press out here has been about Carson King (which has been mentioned almost daily, and was on our local news). There is far more good press nationally that has come out of the CyHawk game.

Last edited:

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Pollard is probably waiting for Barta and his boss to say they are cancelling the series, then he is going to have a presser announcing a home and home with Notre Dame starting next year. **** Iowa

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I will say this I have always been really soft on Iowa from a likability standpoint. There have always been idiot fans that I’ve hated but I have always cheered for them when they aren’t playing us and occasionally a Big 12 team. I mean I never got upset when they lost or anything but I genuinely cheered for them due to a bunch of family being Iowa fans. After the last week and a half I have really changed my tune on them. I hope they lose every game they play right now. They aren’t up to Baylor but they are a close #2 on my hated list.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I will say this I have always been really soft on Iowa from a likability standpoint. There have always been idiot fans that I’ve hated but I have always cheered for them when they aren’t playing us and occasionally a Big 12 team. I mean I never got upset when they lost or anything but I genuinely cheered for them due to a bunch of family being Iowa fans. After the last week and a half I have really changed my tune on them. I hope they lose every game they play right now. They aren’t up to Baylor but they are a close #2 on my hated list.

I tried this once for a game and just couldn't get myself to wanting them to win. I will agree in that when Iowa does win, I at the very least am happy for my good friends that are Hawks. Anymore once we're done playing them, I don't really care what they do.

• Agree
Reactions: ianoconnor

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This x1000. Living in AZ I have heard nothing about it, other than what I read on here. My coworkers know I'm a huge ISU fan, and we talk football every week and not one person has mentioned it. None of my fellow ISU fans out here have mentioned it in conversation either. All ISU press out here has been about Carson King (which has been mentioned almost daily, and was on our local news). There is far more good press nationally that has come out of the CyHawk game.

And as the old saying goes, don’t try beating an idiot in an argument. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Hawks generally are idiots.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I tried this once for a game and just couldn't get myself to wanting them to win. I will agree in that when Iowa does win, I at the very least am happy for my good friends that are Hawks. Anymore once we're done playing them, I don't really care what they do.

I always want them to fall in the Franny level. They tend to stay quieter and not run their mouth as much.