Iowa State and Iowa issue joint statement on marching bands

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I will say this I have always been really soft on Iowa from a likability standpoint. There have always been idiot fans that I’ve hated but I have always cheered for them when they aren’t playing us and occasionally a Big 12 team. I mean I never got upset when they lost or anything but I genuinely cheered for them due to a bunch of family being Iowa fans. After the last week and a half I have really changed my tune on them. I hope they lose every game they play right now. They aren’t up to Baylor but they are a close #2 on my hated list.

**** Iowa. Only time I’ll ever cheer for them is if they’re playing Baylor or Penn State.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I have never known anyone with broken ribs to be hospitalized for them, when I had them it was pretty much take some Advil and restrict your physical activity

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I have never known anyone with broken ribs to be hospitalized for them, when I had them it was pretty much take some Advil and restrict your physical activity
hospitalized meaning staying the night? Probably and usually not. But getting checked at the ER .. absolutely common.

and to those above needing medical records, we won't see them. We will hear about a confirmation if it gets to that point.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
hospitalized meaning staying the night? Probably and usually not. But getting checked at the ER .. absolutely common.

and to those above needing medical records, we won't see them. We will hear about a confirmation if it gets to that point.
The comment was hospitalized with broken ribs, to me that meant more than an ER visit but yes an ER visit would be appropriate .

Reactions: keepngoal

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa stands more to lose from this than ISU. We are the only non con sell out for them. They are not even at 90% on the others. That is a bunch of empty tickets.

Who would they schedule? As seen by basketball, they want easy wins. So it would be a MAC or SoCon school. At best a Pitt or Syracuse level and will they won’t bring the fans and Iowa fans didn’t show up for those in the past.

We generally end up with 6 home every so often. This guarantees 7 home and picking up a home and home with a Miss st or maybe a Washington St early on.

Plus it helps Iowa when they win the majority of the time to press they are better. If we don’t play and are contending for big xii titles and Iowa is getting third in the west, we will be seen as a better program.

Iowa stands more to lose than us.

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: Hawkmi and ILikeCy

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I kinda hate to revive this thread in the midst of everything, but I was wrong. Memory can be a nutty thing. Seeing the video released today made me see my clear-cut statement here was not at all correct.

Okay, everybody, I can clear up one thing for certain ... the whole “band on the field” after the game.

I was behind the north end zone after the game ended. The Iowa band came down from their section in the southeast corner and exited out the northeast gate (at least to exit the playing surface, I don’t know how they got from there to the northwest gate). To get there they walked behind the visitors’ benches, in front of the wall where the seating sections begin.

I wouldn’t call that “the field” per se... I mean, it was grass, yeah, but it’s the area between the benches and the wall, so it’s used for all kinds of visiting team personnel to travel on. Did an ISU official yell at them to “get off the field”? Maybe. But I tell you from my personal observation that’s where they were, behind the visitors’ bench.

As an aside, I also saw several Iowa band members waving goodbye sarcastically and yelling things back to the students left in the student section. No, that doesn’t excuse anyone being physically assaulted or having bottles thrown at them, but they were NOT all the upstanding paragons of virtue and good sportsmanship they’re claiming to be.

(I also witnessed two unknown objects that were thrown out of the student section that Saturday - one at the Iowa coaches, I think, coming out after one of the weather breaks. The other was at the Iowa band when they came in before the game. I could not identify what was thrown - they looked like something maybe wrapped in cloth, but they had to have some heft in them to get thrown that far.)

Now, what I DID see was a few members of the Iowa band leaving by the route I described, not more than a half-dozen. Those band members DID wave sarcastically to the ISU students as they walked by. BUT it wasn't the entire band ... the rest of the band stayed in their sections until after I had left the stadium. As the video shows, they certainly DID leave by walking across the field, as they made their way directly to the northwest gate.

Again, sorry to drag this cluster of a thread back up, but I gotta admit when I'm wrong and when I'm spreading bad information.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron