ISU FB at Oklahoma State Game Info (Time, TV, Etc)

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Are you using an amplifier on your antenna? The only thing I can think of is that 5.2 is weak compared to 5.1. I am using an antenna with an amplifier.

5.2 is probably not turned on right now.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
OTA = Over the Air

5.2 is on, right now. I'm watching it.
The game will not be broadcast in HD on 5.2.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Are you using an amplifier on your antenna? The only thing I can think of is that 5.2 is weak compared to 5.1. I am using an antenna with an amplifier.

I'm not, but I don't have one of those weinie indoor antennas either. I have 110" element antenna mounted on the roof of my house will a very clear view. I live in Clive.

CY ST8T

Mar 23, 2006
Re: Megamall location to watch game

Joe Sensor's in Bloomington isn't far from the mall. Tell the fam that you're going to the bathroom, and get "lost" for a while.:wink:

Thanks for the suggestion, but since moving the car out of that damn parking lot and all of that would take quite a bit I was hoping for something within the mall. Is there anything on the upper floors? It has been years since I have been up there. I'm thinking I may get mad enough at the game that I may not be there long either if they play the way that they have so far this year. :mask:

DevilDog

Apr 9, 2006
Janesville
Just wanted to confirm to everyone that the game will also be on KCRG 9.2 as well for those of us in eastern cyclone country. I had emailed the director of programming and got a reply back today. He stated that they asked for and were granted permission to broadcast the game. So hopefully we actually show up and give them a game.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I'm thinking of going to Johnny's Hall of Fame for the gamewatch, haven't been there since the ISU/Iowa game. Anyone been there lately or planning to go this weekend? I heard they've finally expanded their menu, not that I didn't like it before but it had just said "full menu coming soon" for the longest time. Anyways, I'm afraid that there is absolutely no place to go in Des Moines that won't also be infested with hawk fans since their game is on at the same time, and I'm sure Johnny's will be no different even though it is officially the ISU gamewatch location. It could be a lot of fun though if Iowa loses, I won't have to wait for soundoff that way.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Re: Megamall location to watch game

Thanks for the suggestion, but since moving the car out of that damn parking lot and all of that would take quite a bit I was hoping for something within the mall. Is there anything on the upper floors? It has been years since I have been up there. I'm thinking I may get mad enough at the game that I may not be there long either if they play the way that they have so far this year. :mask:

It has been a few years since I've been there, but there was a Hooters and a huge sports bar on the top floor. I don't think you'll have to leave the place to find the game one somewhere. I'd suggest going to the Mall of America website and doing some research there.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
I'm thinking of going to Johnny's Hall of Fame for the gamewatch, haven't been there since the ISU/Iowa game. Anyone been there lately or planning to go this weekend? I heard they've finally expanded their menu, not that I didn't like it before but it had just said "full menu coming soon" for the longest time. Anyways, I'm afraid that there is absolutely no place to go in Des Moines that won't also be infested with hawk fans since their game is on at the same time, and I'm sure Johnny's will be no different even though it is officially the ISU gamewatch location. It could be a lot of fun though if Iowa loses, I won't have to wait for soundoff that way.

yeah, they now have a full menu including pizza. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
if i have mediacom cable through the hd box do i just need to plug in an antenna to recieve 5.2?

If you have Mediacom, you can watch it on Channel 22.

DirecTV and Dish subscribers without antennas appear to be screwed--just as I figured. :no:

I'm getting 5.2 in Ames, but I feel for those of you who aren't. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but damn this is stupid.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If you have dish go to your local bestbuy, purchase the Insignia (or comperable) DTV box, plug your antenna into it, plug it into your TV. If the box survives the victory celebration following the game return it to bestbuy. I got one last week and not only will you be able to watch the game, but it is 10000 times clearer than what WOI sends Dish Network to broadcast.

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
I just checked my Dish 722 and nothing was on 5.1 and 5.2. My TV has built in receiver and they were both showing up. I went into menu, system set-up, local channels and scan locals. After it came back I had both 5.1 and 5.2. I show no difference in signal strength between the 2.

I don't know what happened, but I did lose mine on Dish until I did the scan.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron