ISU FB at Oklahoma State Game Info (Time, TV, Etc)

CycloneBax

Nov 9, 2006
Ankeny
If you have dish go to your local bestbuy, purchase the Insignia (or comperable) DTV box, plug your antenna into it, plug it into your TV. If the box survives the victory celebration following the game return it to bestbuy. I got one last week and not only will you be able to watch the game, but it is 10000 times clearer than what WOI sends Dish Network to broadcast.

True. the analog signal that is sent to Dish sucks. However, this will not show the game on Saturday. I use 5.1 and 5.2 from OTA through my Dish DVR to pause, record, etc(HD locals are not yet available on Dish or Directv). This signal does get slightly degraded passing thru the DVR vs. my TVs OTA. But if I want to rewind, I will sacrifice that slight difference.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
NU/OU is 7pm on ESPN. My guess is that the Iowa St. game will be on KETV and the Iowa game on ESPN.

According to Cox's website, KETV is carrying the Iowa/Illinois game. Makes sense, Omaha is prime Big 11 country :no:

Edit: I see now that the listing for ESPN says Florida State at Ga Tech OR Iowa at Illinois. Not sure what that means, but I guess maybe there's a chance that KETV shows ISU/OSU?

Last edited:

isudoc03

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2006
According to coverage map on Cyclones.com, Omaha will get squawks and illini. That is ridiculous.

isudoc03

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2006
No coverage in the whole state of Iowa except for the extra digital channels. Nice coverage.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
I've reset my OTA through my DTV box and 5.2 is not coming up.

Also, prior to the game on Saturday at our tailgate, we had a digital TV with antenna only and we only could get 5.1. There was no 5.2.

I have a feeling we won't see 5.2 until Saturday for those of us with OTA.

I reset my DTV receiver, not HD, and all I get are the local channels, no 5.1 or 5.2. The atenna I am using is not HD either, but my TV is HD. Do I need to have an HD receiver or HD antenna to get 5.1 or 5.2? I thought I knew stuff about electronics until I came across this games situation, never knew there was a 5.2.

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
I just received the following e-mail from Ray Dole, director of WOI. DirectTV subscibers will be screwed out of the game.

Sorry for the delay in responding to you but both satellite carriers --
DirecTV and DISH -- have been trying throughout the week to clear some
technical hurdles. We just heard a short while ago that DISH Network is
planning to put the Iowa State on channel #446...but still has some issues
they're working around before they can say for 100% certain. I also just
heard back from DirecTV that they can not put the Iowa State game up on
their service on a special channel due to "spot beam capacity" issues
(that's the technology which allows both DISH and DirecTV to offer
local-into-local service in each DMA around the country).

Also, we've received many questions as to when DirecTV will offer the HD
signals of the local stations in the Des Moines market...in and around the
conversations we've had with them on the ISU game noted above, we learned
that the target for that HD service on DirecTV is now Wednesday, 11/19.

Finally, as I told you on the phone last week, we chose to place the Iowa
vs. Illinois game on ABC because it's the game with widest audience appeal
(we're in a ratings period!!) and advertiser interest (the game sold out
almost immediately). I believe we've gone above and beyond the call to make
the Iowa State game available to as many central Iowa viewers as possible.

Regards, Ray Cole

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm wondering why I can't get 5-2 on my Directv HD DVR. I get 5-1 at about 85%.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Hey ch5, just turn on the transmitter so we can at least try to tune it in!!!

Zarcus

Jan 26, 2007

If you have a Directv model HR-20 an OTA tuner is built in and you should receive 5.2 If you have an HR-21 or HR-22 you need an OTA tuner box. Otherwise plug your OTA antennae straight into your HD TV to see game but not record.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

I answered this in another thread....

The HR2x HD DVRs do not "scan" for OTA channels. They pull them from a database held by Tribune Media. I spoke to Tribune Media yesterday and they had not added 5.2 to the database yet so you WILL NOT receive it with DirecTV HR2x HD DVRs and an OTA antenna until they add it to the database. My phonecall initiated the process, but it takes 5-10 days to get it added.

The old HR10 Tivo units do scan for the channels so if you have one of those with an antenna you will get it to show up in the guide.

Otherwise, you have to plug the antenna directly into the TV OR watch ESPN360 like I am going to do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron