Joshua Jefferson has committed to Iowa State

Joe4Cy

Mar 5, 2010
Urbandale
www.comedyxp.tv
Didn't realize they made multiple versions of the poster.

I have one that says- The cooler coaches, for the hot days ahead!

and instead the coaches are holding a football and basketball.
IIRC, and that ain't sayin' much, there were 4 different versions. (Won't be offended if I'm corrected. Maybe it was only two..{shrug})

Wish I still had one or two.

• Informative
Reactions: isucy86

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Is that a national poll? Three Big 12 teams are the top 3?
I think there's a certain amount of clickbait in that- he knows that all the Big12 fans will dive in, and everyone else will dive in to bag on the Big12 for underwhelming in the NCAAs last month.

Not that it's totally disingenuous, just I think he structured it so as to put a target on it.

Reactions: cayin

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I think there's a certain amount of clickbait in that- he knows that all the Big12 fans will dive in, and everyone else will dive in to bag on the Big12 for underwhelming in the NCAAs last month.

Not that it's totally disingenuous, just I think he structured it so as to put a target on it.
Eh, given what we know “right now” of who will be on rosters I don’t think his top 10 is that far off or clickbait. It will change as rosters are finalized.

Without Jefferson (or Kyle fwiw) I expected us to fall in the 7-10 range. Now with jefferson, I fully expect a top 5 ranking.

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017

If you listen to Eye on College Basketball podcast, Gary Parrish isn't really a "clickbait-y" type of guy. He takes the process of rankings 26 teams each day during the season pretty seriously.

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
718177e4-2388-44ce-9d3d-f8d2055d0c8a_text.gif
Sounds like something came up, not gonna be able to make over for dinner!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
IIRC, and that ain't sayin' much, there were 4 different versions. (Won't be offended if I'm corrected. Maybe it was only two..{shrug})

Wish I still had one or two.
I had a full sized cardboard standing "poster" of that in college. Not quite life-sized, but probably about 75%. Scared the **** out of my dog.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Joe4Cy

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If you listen to Eye on College Basketball podcast, Gary Parrish isn't really a "clickbait-y" type of guy. He takes the process of rankings 26 teams each day during the season pretty seriously.
I tend to think he and most high-profile analysts take it seriously and aren't trying to get impulsive clicks. If you aren't somewhat accurate over a long-term, people will stop paying attention.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Oh I agree. But he could have had 2-3-6 or 1-3-4 etc. Making them 1-2-3 makes form a compelling headline.

How about clickbait-adjacent? LOL

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
This team is so deep! Guards and Milan don’t change and only get deeper with the addition of Heise. Jackson, Jefferson, Chatfield/Rock is certainly an upgrade over BRE, King, and Ward. This team is outrageously deep and good on paper.

It’s tough to know who we are starting, but my best guess is Lipsey, Gilbert, Heise/Jones, Momcilovic, Jackson. This means the first two off the bench would be Jefferson and Heise/Jones with Chatfield likely being the next guy. This team has so much depth that it’s insane. I’m guessing Rock either has some more developing to do or he’s not going to be rushed into the rotation.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
This team is so deep! Guards and Milan don’t change and only get deeper with the addition of Heise. Jackson, Jefferson, Chatfield/Rock is certainly an upgrade over BRE, King, and Ward. This team is outrageously deep and good on paper.

It’s tough to know who we are starting, but my best guess is Lipsey, Gilbert, Heise/Jones, Momcilovic, Jackson. This means the first two off the bench would be Jefferson and Heise/Jones with Chatfield likely being the next guy. This team has so much depth that it’s insane. I’m guessing Rock either has some more developing to do or he’s not going to be rushed into the rotation.
Yep, they can play balls to the wall and don't have to worry about in game fatigue or cumulative fatigue from the long season. The thing they do have to worry about is finding the right mix of guys for the right time, getting the chemistry on the floor right and sorting out roles. Let all that come together and look out!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Rock will be our outside sniper. Who is going to block his shot?

• Funny
Reactions: CascadeClone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Whatever cominations they come up with, I can see both Jefferson and Momcillovic really pushing each other to get better. Both of them can shoot, are similar in size, Jefferson can go to the hole a little better, and I think Jefferson may be the better assist guy at this point?

They will be good for one another, both in practice and during games. I can see them on the court at the same time, quite a bit actually, depending upon matchups.

Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Whatever cominations they come up with, I can see both Jefferson and Momcillovic really pushing each other to get better. Both of them can shoot, are similar in size, Jefferson can go to the hole a little better, and I think Jefferson may be the better assist guy at this point?

They will be good for one another, both in practice and during games. I can see them on the court at the same time, quite a bit actually, depending upon matchups.

It will be interesting to see how TJ creates a lineup/rotation. I personally think this years model is what he will do. Who exactly starts might be somewhat immaterial.
I see the starters as Lipsey, Gilbert, MM, Jefferson and Jackson. Jones with the same role as this year. Matchups and game situation will determine where things go from there. Sometimes we play small, sometimes big. Just my opinion.

Reactions: t-noah

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

Agree. At this point, Jefferson probably has the edge on defense and Milan on offense. Hopefully, Milan gets better on D with added strength/weight, but I can see both on the court at the same time. Great problem to have.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Yep, they can play balls to the wall and don't have to worry about in game fatigue or cumulative fatigue from the long season. The thing they do have to worry about is finding the right mix of guys for the right time, getting the chemistry on the floor right and sorting out roles. Let all that come together and look out!
That's why I think Heise's commitment is so important. He will give our other guards more rest than they got last year. It'll all pay off at crunch time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron