JTS Improvements - Want More

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
What is left? I'm sure there are things inside that need done yet, but outside? Guessing fencing. Does the band get bleachers or do they have to stand the whole game?
They built permanent bleachers for them. Last year I think.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Looks like we have some red paint on the concrete now. Looks sharp. Wonder if the will paint "Cyclones" on it in the gold color. That would look sharp.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
  • Informative
Reactions: beentherebefore

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Nothing major will happen until the completion of the football season.

Here is an article for reference. Look for a webcam to appear this fall
It says “likely begins”.

The construction bid was to be awarded this week, but significant progress on the athletics department's $10 million pedestrian walkway above University Boulevard east of Jack Trice Stadium likely begins after the 2021 football season

The bid stated that construction on the east side of Elwood/University can begin any time after the bid is awarded.

It’s only the west side that has to wait until after the season.

Reactions: cyclone87

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Not to be a downer but has the bridge contract already been awarded and stuff? Just curious if the recent events will change what we do with infrastructure improvements. I'm guessing the Pollard and light district will be off the table for a while.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
Not to be a downer but has the bridge contract already been awarded and stuff? Just curious if the recent events will change what we do with infrastructure improvements. I'm guessing the Pollard and light district will be off the table for a while.
Yes it was awarded pretty quickly and it was about $2 million under budget. I assume the contractor is working on procuring materials and they must not be too worried about getting everything done between the end of football season and next August because they could be getting quite a bit of work started if they felt they needed to. Everything was funded through donations specifically earmarked for the job also, so I don't see them stopping any work on it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron