JTS Improvements - Want More

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Is the Pollard and Light District supposed to be financed by the athletic department, or by private developers? Seems to me that if the district pays a percentage to the athletic department every year, it would be a good idea to move forward if Iowa State doesn’t have to foot the bill for building it, just have to furnish the land (parking lot area).

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Is the Pollard and Light District supposed to be financed by the athletic department, or by private developers? Seems to me that if the district pays a percentage to the athletic department every year, it would be a good idea to move forward if Iowa State doesn’t have to foot the bill for building it, just have to furnish the land (parking lot area).
Good luck getting commitments in the current environment.

• Agree
Reactions: Tornado man

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not to be a downer but has the bridge contract already been awarded and stuff? Just curious if the recent events will change what we do with infrastructure improvements. I'm guessing the Pollard and light district will be off the table for a while.
The bridge is privately funded by 2 donors. So unless they want their money going someplace else, the recent events won’t have any bearing on that project.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I happened to catch someone panning the camera around at about 15:45.

View attachment 87637

That is a good view of a hillside. I got to see the SW hillside up close recently. I was surprised at how different it was. Capacity is at least 50% more than before. And you can see much of the field from almost the entire hillside.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Looks like the one patch of sod in the plaza, in front of the SPC, installed right before a 97 degree day, is showing a bit of stress.

I think I’ve seen this movie before.

974DECC0-0BCF-434D-9F5B-1734B22C3DE9.jpeg

Last edited: