JTS Improvements - Want More

norsemen

Apr 13, 2006
Just checked the construction camera on the performance center project. It looks like we have demolition beginning on the Olsen Building! Also the camera has been moved back to give a broader view of the action.

• Haha
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I wondered if doing it backwards like that allowed construction to commence on the front of Jacobson and the raised concourse earlier.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
It's happening!

So serious question, if they were to put some of the rubble in small jars, how many people would buy it?

A few youtube creators have done things like this to earn some extra income and have had insane success with it. Like cleetus mcfarland selling jars of old asphalt from the race track he bought, and Matt carriker selling chunks of tire from his burn out car as well as pieces of the old minivan he had that was destroyed by gunfire.

People buy weird ****... a piece of the van may or may not be sitting on my mantel.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So serious question, if they were to put some of the rubble in small jars, how many people would buy it?

A few youtube creators have done things like this to earn some extra income and have had insane success with it. Like cleetus mcfarland selling jars of old asphalt from the race track he bought, and Matt carriker selling chunks of tire from his burn out car as well as pieces of the old minivan he had that was destroyed by gunfire.

People buy weird ****... a piece of the van may or may not be sitting on my mantel.

We have a couple of chunks of concrete from the towers.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Anybody else just sitting at work watching them destroy the old ticket office? If anybody from the webcam control is reading this thread, can you please reposition camera to down closer to the action? Maybe put a camera on the backhoe operator’s head.
Can I swing by and pick up a few bricks as mementos?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I wondered if doing it backwards like that allowed construction to commence on the front of Jacobson and the raised concourse earlier.
Does the Olsen building have a basement? If not once you get separation between the two you could just bulldoze the rest of it.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007

People would buy a part of the Olsen Building? I have heard that it was always kinda gross. But like you said, people do buy weird things as memorabilia.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
I never had the oppurtunity to explore the entire building, however FPM only has building plans for one floor, however it looks like there are stairs in one of the rooms..

I think back when I was in school in the 1980s, students had to pick up their basketball student tickets inside the Olsen Building. Otherwise, I can't imagine too many non-AD staff have spent very much time inside there. But I guess basement storage for the stairs.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I think back when I was in school in the 1980s, students had to pick up their basketball student tickets inside the Olsen Building. Otherwise, I can't imagine too many non-AD staff have spent very much time inside there. But I guess basement storage for the stairs.

Back in the day when I was furthering my education I had a part time gig with the AD environmental services team. The Olsen didn't have a basement that I ever saw, and I had a key to every room in the building.

Reactions: Aclone

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I did some game day work at Iowa State when I was a student, so I was in there a few times, but I only got to go in a couple rooms. But yeah I'm guessing it could be just a storage area. Guess we will find out if there's a hole in the ground or not when they knock down that area!