JTS Improvements - Want More

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It won't take very long to demo the building and haul it away. My guess is that construction won't start until all the rubble and vehicles are gone. It's amazing how fast a demo can happen.

• Agree
Reactions: beentherebefore

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
People would buy a part of the Olsen Building? I have heard that it was always kinda gross. But like you said, people do buy weird things as memorabilia.
I mean I probably would if they tore down part of Jack Trice for an expansion or something, but probably not from a building that had primarily been used as an administrative building

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Worked in the AD as a student and I never knew of a basement. My guess is it is stairs to the roof or something like that.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just curious. Since the Olson Building is being razed...I’ve talked about fully bowling in the NEZ some day, and it strikes me that would encompass a goodly portion of the Jacobsen Building.

Is there someone out there with the time and graphics ability to flip the silhouette of the SEZ, and superimpose it over the footprint of the Jacobson Building? Pretty please?

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Just curious. Since the Olson Building is being razed...I’ve talked about fully bowling in the NEZ some day, and it strikes me that would encompass a goodly portion of the Jacobsen Building.

Is there someone out there with the time and graphics ability to flip the silhouette of the SEZ, and superimpose it over the footprint of the Jacobson Building? Pretty please?
It is never going to happen because our administration has deemed the hillsides as iconic. You may get to see a balcony on the NE corner which would be around 2500-2800 seats. You may even see a tower that runs along the west side one day. Both of those options are more likely than bowling in the NEZ with seats. Or, you can wait for new AD and see if they want to do it.

Don't understand the fascination with seats in the end zone. Clemson fans don't mind hillside seating.

Reactions: drlove and wxman1

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
It is never going to happen because our administration has deemed the hillsides as iconic. You may get to see a balcony on the NE corner which would be around 2500-2800 seats. You may even see a tower that runs along the west side one day. Both of those options are more likely than bowling in the NEZ with seats. Or, you can wait for new AD and see if they want to do it.

Don't understand the fascination with seats in the end zone. Clemson fans don't mind hillside seating.

I can understand the administration's view. A lot of parents are hesitant to bring little kids to games and make them sit in a seat for 3 hours. We've tried multiple times and ended up leaving at half. The hillsides allow the younger kids to move around a little while still being in the stadium where they can watch the game at times. I don't mind the current plan.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Don't understand the fascination with seats in the end zone.

Symmetry OCD. Dislike of the "paper airplane." Aspiring to overtake Kinnick in capacity. I'd prefer we invest in a larger press box first. Maybe one day we could "bowl in" just the NE corner with a balcony level running the length of the endzone and leave just the NW hillside open.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA

Here's a concept I quickly drew up on photoshop that kept the Jacobson Building but mirrors the SEZ seating. I also got rid of the billboard video screen and put two smaller video screens at the north corners. I'm sure the sight lines would be horrible in some spots though..
Untitled-2.jpg

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I kind of like the idea of bowling in the top and leaving the hillsides. Based on the rather impressive rendering above, I feel like there would be quite a few seats where you can’t see enough of the field though.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com

Best of my abilities, Chief:

1612390172400.png

Rather than a matching video board in the north endzone, I'd extend the upper deck the length of the endzone. The Band would sit in the lower section and I'd surround them with the student section. Put club seats in the east lower bowl color-coded to say "ISU."

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I kind of like the idea of bowling in the top and leaving the hillsides. Based on the rather impressive rendering above, I feel like there would be quite a few seats where you can’t see enough of the field though.

Actually drew this up as well before I saw this message. It looks hideous from the aerial view, imo, but I'm sure it would look great when the stadium is full.
Untitled-3.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
Actually drew this up as well before I saw this message. It looks hideous from the aerial view, imo, but I'm sure it would look great when the stadium is full.
View attachment 81529
Something like this in the future would not surprise me. Since the sight lines would be awful in about clos to half of those seats, I think there would need to be only three sections of seats on each side of the Jacobsen Building. And the hillsides are supposedly going to look different once the current construction is done.

It does look odd from the air, doesn't it?

Draf

Jun 8, 2017

Here's a pic I did about 5 years ago. It has the south end zone upper deck replicated on the north side. Not exactly what you were asking for, just thought I'd share. jack trice north bowl small.jpg

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Here's a pic I did about 5 years ago. It has the south end zone upper deck replicated on the north side. Not exactly what you were asking for, just thought I'd share. View attachment 81531
I like this. It would likely eliminate the sight line issues from the Jacobson Building, but still would probably have to do something about the billboard video screen due to the sight lines from the far corners. Would probably push capacity to around 66-68 thousand, I'm guessing....?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If the NEZ ever gets renovated, whether it keeps the hillsides in some form or not, I can almost guarantee the Jake building gets demolished and it just gets totally redone. The building looks awkward as it is and trying to make it fit with another renovation would look horrible.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
If the NEZ ever gets renovated, whether it keeps the hillsides in some form or not, I can almost guarantee the Jake building gets demolished and it just gets totally redone. The building looks awkward as it is and trying to make it fit with another renovation would look horrible.
I could see the second floor being peeled back to an incline similar to seating. Also, second floor suites.

Anyone want to attach an Arrowhead-style press tower along the west side to complete the look?

Impressive work everyone

Reactions: CYCLNST8

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I can definitely see after our 5th straight top 10 finish, the need to bowl in the NEZ. Move the administrative offices out of Jacobsen building in to a new 4 story-ish type building where Olsen Building was before, tying in to the new Performance Center, and building a similar set up as the new Texas endzone, suites/club seating, etc.

Who wants to sketch something like that up?:campbell: