JTS Improvements - Want More

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Really like this look for Hilton. Hopefully it can be done relatively soon.
They probably would of done it years ago but had to wait till VEISHA was cancelled or all those windows would have been doomed. :jimlad:

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I honestly like this layout of this entertainment district compared to the initial layout. Feels a lot more 'natural.'

Granted they're just preliminary layout drawings, but it does look like the buildings double as parking structures as well.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I thought once the new SPC building was opened (sounds like this Spring) they were going to do it.
This sounds about right, considering the Olsen building still houses a lot of the olympic sports, which will be moving into the new building.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
That's two pictures of the same walkway.
I wasn’t referring to the photos.

#2 says “Improved pedestrian safety including walkways from South 4th and South 16th”.

Plural.

Unless there’s only one elevated walkway over University, but adding more protected and paved ground level walking paths?

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Really like this look for Hilton. Hopefully it can be done relatively soon.
Agree...kind of forgot about it....but will add an element with the glass and likely some cool lighting....used to it looking super concrety, lol.

Also will be neat to see how it opens up the concourse feel on the inside.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Agree...kind of forgot about it....but will add an element with the glass and likely some cool lighting....used to it looking super concrety, lol.

Also will be neat to see how it opens up the concourse feel on the inside.
We are really lucky with the amount of outer, inner, and upper concourse.
most arenas have a section # this way type of tunnel, and while Hilton does have that you’re not limited by it.

Reactions: CapnCy

TKlone3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2011
Council Bluffs
Looks like they are starting the demo on some of the Olsen building. Wonder if that means some of the move has already been made to the new sports performance center.

1612284113557.png

Reactions: jcisuclones

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Someone mentioned they were removing part of the tunnel the team uses. Looking at the work being done currently it looks like the tunnel by the Jacobson has to be removed as well.

Any chance the tunnel comes out right where they are currently pouring concrete at the corner of the stadium instead of onto the sidewalk by the Jacoboson?
1612285445715.png

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Someone mentioned they were removing part of the tunnel the team uses. Looking at the work being done currently it looks like the tunnel by the Jacobson has to be removed as well.

Any chance the tunnel comes out right where they are currently pouring concrete at the corner of the stadium instead of onto the sidewalk by the Jacoboson?
View attachment 81481

Doubtful IMO. I think the tunnel will remain relatively unchanged other than becoming slightly longer and exiting closer to Jacobson. Part of the hillside is being raised requiring the tunnel to be extended. When full of fans, the north end will look bowled in. Can't wait to see it!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Anybody else just sitting at work watching them destroy the old ticket office? If anybody from the webcam control is reading this thread, can you please reposition camera to down closer to the action? Maybe put a camera on the backhoe operator’s head.

• Haha
Reactions: cycloner29

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
The webcam has been panned out, so we can now see the work being done on the west hillside, as well. View attachment 81436
I can't recall where i saw some updated photos on the inside of the Sports performance facility, but saw one looking out toward the field and it's a cool view.....definitely can see how it can be used on game days for things.

when i drive by i always think the actual seats/concrete look drab in the stadium(but then think it doesn't matter as when people are in there, you don't see it...but empty looks blah.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Doubtful IMO. I think the tunnel will remain relatively unchanged other than becoming slightly longer and exiting closer to Jacobson. Part of the hillside is being raised requiring the tunnel to be extended. When full of fans, the north end will look bowled in. Can't wait to see it!
Man, the tunnel isn’t the only thing getting extended...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron