JTS Improvements - Want More

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
With all due respect, I live in Manhattan Beach, CA which is next to Redondo Beach, and the Cheesecake Factory is in no way what one thinks of as "posh" (at least here) under any circumstances.

That said, your statement about valets parking expensive cars in the front is accurate for most restaurants/hotels here.
Oh. I neglected to say, it was 30 years ago when I lived in Hermosa Beach. Sorry. It's probably declined since. That said, I spent 90% of my life at 1300 The Strand in MB.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
At the Cheesecake Factory in Redondo Beach, CA, I recall the valets always parking the elite expensive cars right at the entrance. It lent a POSH image to that particular restaurant. Bentleys, Corvettes, Alpha Romeo, Lamborghini, Ferrari to name a few. I still think the elite RVs should be apparent as one enters the stadium. It adds even more quality to the whole experience. Just my opinion.

Yeah, that kind of sucks that the RVs are going to moved pretty much out of sight. Maybe they'll leave S8 alone for the biggest donors. Most of those rigs have internal generators anyway. Or, they could line the outside of that lot with outlets. I don't know that there's a better solution than what they're doing.

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
They are setting the precast concrete retaining wall panels that form the curve on the west side today! You can just see the triangular top of a couple panels on the Webcam above the west upper deck wall about 5-6 rows down from the top. More panels coming in!

Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’ll ask, because I don’t it on any of the renderings, and there’s no trace of footings for such a building however I scan the webcam footage.

Does anyone know exactly where the woodshed will be situated? I ask because I know our Cyclones will be taking opponents to it all season, and you would think the building would be located fairly close to the field.

Last edited:

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
If we painted those, it would be faded immediately based on the seat repainting a while back

In my opinion if they want to make an impact on what the empty stadium looks like to a recruit on a visit, they should paint the vertical riser faces with red and "gold". This would reduce the concrete look when recruits visit on non-game days.

This would have a bigger affect that seeing the edges of the seat boards with fresh colors.

TKlone3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2011
Council Bluffs
Only the poured concrete walls on the inside of the stadium by the Jacobson Building will be painted red to match the other red walls.

Don't know about everyone else but I am not a fan of how we have painted our concrete walls in the stadium. Just looks cheap.

1618432912444.png

Wish we used a wrap similar to West Virginia and other places. I know they have higher walls and we have some electrical piping but you could hide that with some coverings. Think it would look way better and you can always change it up with a new wrap.

1618432892110.png

Reactions: Brandon and ISUCE