JTS Improvements - Want More

TKlone3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2011
Council Bluffs
I’m not seeing what you’re saying as “plain and cheap”. It looks to me in that photo like it complements the crowd colors well.

I don’t need anything that stands out—the crowd does that for us.
Agree to disagree then. Just throwing some thoughts out there.

Reactions: Aclone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Was in Ames yesterday, so I HAD to drive by, Thought the Jack looked huge, even larger than before with the North end pretty much open. (Actually the size effect was probably enhanced by the performance center also, the whole complex looked enormous. My only thought was the ramps that go up outside the precast walls to the concourse (entranceways from north) look fairly steep, but they are not graded yet, so that might be just a perception, am sure there is some code defining maximum rise per foot. But can,t wait to see it done with the #4 team iin the country facing the Panthers in our awesome "Jack"

I was there last week (nephew on campus visit) and just a quick drive by of JTS. It does look more massive, also lots more landscaping etc kind of stuff around the south side and Elwood.

Could NOT be more excited for Fall !

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Looks pretty visible to me from the camera angle. I am also talking about the wall in front of the Jack Trice Club on the east side as well. Just looks plain and cheap.

View attachment 84142

Even Texas has a wrap and it looks pretty simple and slick.

View attachment 84143

When the stadium is full the red walls definitely do look better and blend in better, but there is no doubt if we have something similar to what Texas has it would look great!

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Wish the construction cam would pan to East so we could see the other hillside. Nothing new with the SPC now and the hillsides are where the construction action is
Not too far... there's definitely something being done to the West end of the tunnel. It has my attention piqued.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Will there be additional entrances/gates or is the paved area around the outside just a road for service vehicles?

There will be an entrance into the Jacobson building for REG and others who sit/dine in the building on gameday. Otherwise it will be the same entrances as usually going up to NE and NW sides

You can see the gate/fencing if you look closely in the picture on the middle left, just in front of the precast concrete

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
What's your point? Wrap designs can be changed easily. Just using WVU as an example.
My point is that there is way too much signage. It's just in bad taste. Take that hideous scoreboard back that faces north, with the big electric company logo. Or the big red wrap going down the side of the upper balcony promoting a credit union. Even the giant Pioneer logo on the floor of Hilton. Where does it stop? Why can't these companies just write a check and place an ad in the program like they used to do? I guess it's just people selling out. I imagine you would let a feminine hygiene product company tattoo their logo on your forehead for the right amount of money.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
There will be an entrance into the Jacobson building for REG and others who sit/dine in the building on gameday. Otherwise it will be the same entrances as usually going up to NE and NW sides

You can see the gate/fencing if you look closely in the picture on the middle left, just in front of the precast concrete

1618511996367.png

Since we sit in Sec 3 with the precast wall on the right it looks like there is no entrance to the lower deck like there use to be, unless the drawing is just showing us the front of the Jacobson with the precast walls. I guess we will have to see when it is done.

cy4state

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2017
Nevada, IA
View attachment 84161

Since we sit in Sec 3 with the precast wall on the right it looks like there is no entrance to the lower deck like there use to be, unless the drawing is just showing us the front of the Jacobson with the precast walls. I guess we will have to see when it is done.

If you watch the video in the link, https://static.cyclones.com/custompages/SportsPerformanceCenter/spc.html, it will show the walkway up. It should be the same as before but you walk on the outside of the new precast wall.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just curious. Is this a “tunnel” (presumably for the players)—or is it a future stairwell from field level to the new encircling concourse?

Just looking at how the forms being set line up with those around the video board supports.

C10DD3AA-E27B-47ED-9A64-D483C0511043.jpeg

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Just curious. Is this a “tunnel” (presumably for the players)—or is it a future stairwell from field level to the new encircling concourse?

Just looking at how the forms being set line up with those around the video board supports.

View attachment 84170

The gap is where the player entrance tunnel will exit. The retaining wall will be "beamed" (no, Mr. Scott, not that kind) over the tunnel so there will be a straight continuous wall and earth on this side covering the tunnel.

• Informative

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We drove by the stadium a couple of weeks ago, loved the way its looking. Really liked they got rid of old bleachers for the band and poured some perminate ones.

Reactions: wxman1 and Aclone

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The gap is where the player entrance tunnel will exit. The retaining wall will be "beamed" (no, Mr. Scott, not that kind) over the tunnel so there will be a straight continuous wall and earth on this side covering the tunnel.

Yeah, you can see the end of the current tunnel just to the left of that gap. They'll bring in a few more sections to extend through the gap and then finish the retaining wall over it.

• Informative

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron