JTS Improvements - Want More

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
In my opinion if they want to make an impact on what the empty stadium looks like to a recruit on a visit, they should paint the vertical riser faces with red and "gold". This would reduce the concrete look when recruits visit on non-game days.

This would have a bigger affect that seeing the edges of the seat boards with fresh colors.

1618434860913.png

Trees in the plaza will help. It'll tie in nicely though with the loo of the SPC

SEIACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2017
In my opinion if they want to make an impact on what the empty stadium looks like to a recruit on a visit, they should paint the vertical riser faces with red and "gold". This would reduce the concrete look when recruits visit on non-game days.

This would have a bigger affect that seeing the edges of the seat boards with fresh colors.
Honestly, I couldn't think of a way to possibly make the stadium look any uglier than to paint those red and yellow...that would look incredibly tacky.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Was in Ames yesterday, so I HAD to drive by, Thought the Jack looked huge, even larger than before with the North end pretty much open. (Actually the size effect was probably enhanced by the performance center also, the whole complex looked enormous. My only thought was the ramps that go up outside the precast walls to the concourse (entranceways from north) look fairly steep, but they are not graded yet, so that might be just a perception, am sure there is some code defining maximum rise per foot. But can,t wait to see it done with the #4 team iin the country facing the Panthers in our awesome "Jack"

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Was in Ames yesterday, so I HAD to drive by, Thought the Jack looked huge, even larger than before with the North end pretty much open. (Actually the size effect was probably enhanced by the performance center also, the whole complex looked enormous. My only thought was the ramps that go up outside the precast walls to the concourse (entranceways from north) look fairly steep, but they are not graded yet, so that might be just a perception, am sure there is some code defining maximum rise per foot. But can,t wait to see it done with the #4 team iin the country facing the Panthers in our awesome "Jack"
Speaking from experience, I think you have see the SPC in person to appreciate how enormous that building really is.

Reactions: Aclone and DBQR4CY

ISUCE

May 9, 2015
Don't know about everyone else but I am not a fan of how we have painted our concrete walls in the stadium. Just looks cheap.

View attachment 84109

Wish we used a wrap similar to West Virginia and other places. I know they have higher walls and we have some electrical piping but you could hide that with some coverings. Think it would look way better and you can always change it up with a new wrap.

View attachment 84108
I agree 100%. I see we have some kind of wrap with the Community Choice logo on the upper deck. I think something like that instead of the red paint would look a lot better.
1617036134972.jpeg

Reactions: DBQR4CY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I agree 100%. I see we have some kind of wrap with the Community Choice logo on the upper deck. I think something like that instead of the red paint would look a lot better.
View attachment 84131
Are they reforming that concourse walkway also. Almost get seasick walking it with as wavy as it is. Seen enough people trip on cracks leaving also.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Are they reforming that concourse walkway also. Almost get seasick walking it with as wavy as it is. Seen enough people trip on cracks leaving also.

Seems I drink too much before the game and during the game. So I was probably was one of those people. I will try to be better this upcoming season.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Aclone and BCClone

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
What about cardinal and gold?
You mean like a Kaleidoscope? uhhhh. No! In all seriousness, I used to wear a sweat-shirt that screamed with large disturbing letters: "Iowa State", but as I've aged, I've become much more comfortable with a classy Polo shirt with a logo on it. My fandom hasn't changed, but my maturity has. By comparison, I've been to several collegiate stadiums which screamed their colors, but just looked childishly kitsch. And while JP was too far along in the stadium expansion when I provided renderings of my ideas, I still like the direction he is going. In fact, for some reasons, I like it even more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aclone

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Don't know about everyone else but I am not a fan of how we have painted our concrete walls in the stadium. Just looks cheap.

View attachment 84109

Wish we used a wrap similar to West Virginia and other places. I know they have higher walls and we have some electrical piping but you could hide that with some coverings. Think it would look way better and you can always change it up with a new wrap.

View attachment 84108
Looks to much like NASCAR.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

View attachment 84109

View attachment 84108

How often are we seeing an empty stadium or bare wall? The painted red is typically blocked by nearly 100 athletes & coaches, and equipment when seen on TV or in person.

• Agree
Reactions: Dormeezy and Aclone

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
How often are we seeing an empty stadium or bare wall? The painted red is typically blocked by nearly 100 athletes & coaches, and equipment when seen on TV or in person.
Isn't there a ribbon board covering most of the visible wall now too?

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011

Per building code the slope of these walks cannot exceed one foot of rise per 20 feet of run. Steeper than that it becomes a "ramp" with all kinds of code requirements for landings, railings, etc. But that slope for that long is steep but not more than before, I assume.

• Informative
Reactions: DBQR4CY and Aclone

TKlone3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2011
Council Bluffs
Looks pretty visible to me from the camera angle. I am also talking about the wall in front of the Jack Trice Club on the east side as well. Just looks plain and cheap.

1618499575334.png

Even Texas has a wrap and it looks pretty simple and slick.

1618499632255.png

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Looks pretty visible to me from the camera angle. I am also talking about the wall in front of the Jack Trice Club on the east side as well. Just looks plain and cheap.

View attachment 84142

Even Texas has a wrap and it looks pretty simple and slick.
I’m not seeing what you’re saying as “plain and cheap”. It looks to me in that photo like it complements the crowd colors well.

I don’t need anything that stands out—the crowd does that for us.