Kayden Proctor discussion

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
There is some interesting things out there that Kayden Proctor was at an ISU practice last week and I heard he also added some ISU coaches to twitter. It sounded like he had ISU interest in the past but the NIL funds were not there. This kid is super talented but seems to not be sure what he wants. Is there any likely hood he ends up at ISU? Would fans welcome him after his past history?
*are.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Saban retired and then basically felt like an outcast at Iowa
I can’t confirm this, but it also sounds like he showed up at Iowa 40 pounds heavier than his playing weight at Bama, and when told he needed to lose the weight pushed back a bit. Again, cannot confirm that, but that is what I have heard from a few different sources.

• Agree
Reactions: isu81

BikeSkiClone

Jul 25, 2014
He’s gotta stay in college for at least 2 more years to be draft eligible. Well i guess he could take a year out of school and…? I don’t see where you’re all getting that he’d only be in Ames (long shot to happen IMO) for one year.

He’s using his one free transfer year already and would have to sit out if he transferred again. Which also makes me ask — so he used his first transfer to Iowa and would’ve been able to play immediately in 2024 games. Even though he’s planning to transfer before the 2024 season begins, does that still count as his “freebie”? Related, if he returns to Alabama does he still have his free transfer to use if he wants after next season?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He’s gotta stay in college for at least 2 more years to be draft eligible. Well i guess he could take a year out of school and…? I don’t see where you’re all getting that he’d only be in Ames (long shot to happen IMO) for one year.

He’s using his one free transfer year already and would have to sit out if he transferred again. Which also makes me ask — so he used his first transfer to Iowa and would’ve been able to play immediately in 2024 games. Even though he’s planning to transfer before the 2024 season begins, does that still count as his “freebie”? Related, if he returns to Alabama does he still have his free transfer to use if he wants after next season?
There are no more transfer sits right now. Courts shot them down.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Get lost, sorry you can't handle the simple truth that Iowa always has alot better OL than us. Go cry some more.
Certainly Iowa's offensive line is better than Iowa State's historically.

But here's a fun fact: Despite Iowa State's pitiful rushing game the past two years, in both years Iowa State averaged more yards per carry than Iowa.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
So why did Proctor leave Alabama? Seems weird he'd go back.
Georgia? Clemson? Elsewhere?
I heard he left because Saban retired. Not sure if he met with DeBoer or not but ended up committing to Iowa. Goes on spring break with some former teammates from Bama and decided he wanted to return. I'm not going to bag on the kid. He's only 19 or whatever. Probably has no clue what he wants. If you could make a few million playing college football I think youd be pretty foolish playing for even a quarter of that at Iowa. Injuries can happen anytime. It would be nice being 21-22 with a few million to start life.

• Informative
Reactions: NENick

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

But here's a fun fact: Despite Iowa State's pitiful rushing game the past two years, in both years Iowa State averaged more yards per carry than Iowa.
Yeah, becuase we have stud running backs like Breece and Sama and their running backs are are a total joke. I was just pointing out that if he's publicly making fun of Iowa's OL then I can't imagine he'd think highly of ISU's. People are way too sensitive on here.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Yeah, becuase we have stud running backs like Breece and Sama and their running backs are are a total joke. I was just pointing out that if he's publicly making fun of Iowa's OL then I can't imagine he'd think highly of ISU's. People are way too sensitive on here.
You might be surprised to find out that Iowa State didn't have Breece or Sama in 2022, one of the seasons I was referencing. And this season averaged more yards per carry than Iowa even after taking Sama's numbers out.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Thanks, yeah, I'm not in a good mood today. These local kids like Proctor and Bielew either want to play here or not, I donr know why I care anymore honestly.
Remember these are young adults. They are free to make decisions which are in their own best interests. If a player wants to leave, so be it. I’d rather have players who want to be at ISU than those who feel trapped.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Thanks, yeah, I'm not in a good mood today. These local kids like Proctor and Bielew either want to play here or not, I donr know why I care anymore honestly.

There's no question Omaha wanted to play here. In fact, I think he wanted it so badly that it negatively impacted his play. Unfortunately, he just wasn't good enough to get playing time, so now he's gonna transfer to somewhere where he can get meaningful minutes.

While Omaha was at Iowa State, he was an exemplary member of the team, and he cheered hard for his teammates. Given his incredibly high rating as a recruit and next to no playing time, he could have easily been a negative factor in the locker room, but he was the very opposite.

I sincerely hope Omaha finds great success wherever he ends up. He is deserving.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
FFS, I deleted then.

Here's a kid who already publicly trashed Iowas OL program and literally said he'd be "settling" for there, nevermind the fact they have constantly produced NFL offensive lineman.

I can only imagine what him and his handlers would think about Iowa States offensive line issues then.
I hate to discuss UI outside the Instate forum, but Iowa’s current OL coach isn’t terribly impressive. Where they'd normally have first team all conference guys, they only have 3rd. As a group they’ve struggled since he arrived . Top recruits just vanish. So, definitely sus.

I can’t blame anyone for noticing that trend.

And frankly, ours looks to be trending the opposite direction.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Look at what Kaden Proctor is doing to this great fan base. He's got no chance of playing here and he still has you guy's calling each other names and trolls. Just think how bad it would be if he was here? If he isn't at Alabama soon, he's going to be like us trying to find a VRBO. keep looking then end up paying twice as much for 1/2 the place.
Here’s a news flash for you, my friend.

It’s not Kadyn who’s doing that. This is CF.

tube1

Oct 19, 2006

C'mon though. Why would Iowa need a solid run game when they had their amazing passing game to carry them.

Bazinga

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron