Lazard on Packer roster

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Great to see Allen making all his doubters eat crow. I imagine he will be back with Green Bay unless they think he's over priced. Someone will want him though.

Reactions: Scott34

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Great to see Allen making all his doubters eat crow. I imagine he will be back with Green Bay unless they think he's over priced. Someone will want him though.
The Green Bay GM, Brian Gutekunst, talked about Lazard in a recent interview that I seen on Twitter. Sounds like he loves Lazard and the way he broke out last year. I dont see Lazard leaving GB any time soon.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Over priced? Wasn’t he in a minimum contract? I would think with his performance, price is what would keep him on the team.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Over priced? Wasn’t he in a minimum contract? I would think with his performance, price is what would keep him on the team.
Someone posted earlier with his usage stats he should be making around 3 mil. If that's what his agent asks for he might not end up there. Just a possibility, but if there is a spot on the Packers for Allen, barring another team promising him a spot, I assume he will be there regardless of the money.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
Lazard and Rodgers giving each other some ****.

1wntsIujECHO-EN2b8cGLYHsRNdubGcrYoDmKoeWhvQ.jpg

16e0t3hzaij41.jpg

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Very cool. If he is an exclusive-rights free agent doesn't that mean any other team can offer a bigger contract to which the Packers would have to match to keep him?
i think if the packers offer a minimum salary they get to keep him.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Someone posted earlier with his usage stats he should be making around 3 mil. If that's what his agent asks for he might not end up there. Just a possibility, but if there is a spot on the Packers for Allen, barring another team promising him a spot, I assume he will be there regardless of the money.

He is a Restricted free agent... The Packers get to keep him next year for a relatively small price (not significantly more than the minimum). I believe it is next year where he becomes an unrestricted free agent and then there would be a decision for GB. But no decision given the price they get to pay for next season... it's a done deal.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
He is a Restricted free agent... The Packers get to keep him next year for a relatively small price (not significantly more than the minimum). I believe it is next year where he becomes an unrestricted free agent and then there would be a decision for GB. But no decision given the price they get to pay for next season... it's a done deal.
Can he not waive and go to the free agency? Not being sarcastic I don't know.

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Very cool. If he is an exclusive-rights free agent doesn't that mean any other team can offer a bigger contract to which the Packers would have to match to keep him?

no. as others have said, "exclusive rights" means that if the Packers offer him a contract no one else can offer. There is a minimum they need to offer (I think it is slightly more than the minimum contract but not much more), but given his value, it's a done deal.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

cymonw1980

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Can he not waive and go to the free agency? Not being sarcastic I don't know.

no he can't. this is a common case with guys trying to make teams... they sign a deal that has "exclusive rights" free agency attached so that if a player makes the team and out performs the contract (like Lazard has) they team has the option to keep them for another year. I honestly don't know the detail beyond this year. But for at least this year the Packers will keep him given their option to sign him for at a very low cost.

• Friendly
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
You would think the Packers would sweeten the deal this year even though technically they don't have to. To show good faith and build loyalty. If they didn't I'd think he'd be much more open to going free market in year 3.

But admittedly I have no idea how all this works. Just seems like a smart move. Caps could definitely affect it I guess.