Lazard on Packer roster

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I don't know the terminology. What does this mean?
Since he didn’t have a typical rookie contract with 3 years of control for the team, they have exclusive rights to him for that time Frame if they want him. Basically he has to accept their offer or not sign with any other team this year. Had Green Bay not offered, he could have signed with another team.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Since he didn’t have a typical rookie contract with 3 years of control for the team, they have exclusive rights to him for that time Frame if they want him. Basically he has to accept their offer or not sign with any other team this year. Had Green Bay not offered, he could have signed with another team.
So, this is good for Lazard, then?

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
It means he has a contract for next year. Green Bay could probably underpay him since he isn’t allowed to sign anywhere else. They hold all the chips.

It makes it a little more enticing for teams to take chances on undrafted players since they can sign them to a 1 yr deal and then have exclusive rights to them in the future.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My connections with the packers were right. Packers weren’t resigning Bulaga. Never even talked to him. Was probably gone last time but Thompson wouldn’t free agent anyone so they were stuck with him.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
i

Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer
No surprise here but the Packers will retain Allen Lazard on the exclusive rights free agent tender, per a source. Started the year on the waiver wire. Ended the season as WR2 for Aaron Rodgers.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
This link explains it a bit more - Exclusive Rights Free Agents - sounds like a player (Lazard) can ask to negotiate with their own team (which the team would only do if they want to lock them in for MORE than 1 additional season, I presume), but the player can't negotiate with any other teams and if the Packers offered him the league minimum for his 1 year of experience, he had to accept.

This article makes it sound like none of the Packers ERFA's were let go, but none of them were offered any more than the minimum either.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...rfas-kumerow-lancaster-sullivan-tonyan-lazard

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
Looks like our boy is having a great start to camp! If he's able to do this against Jaire consistently then he's our #2 for sure this year.

Camp Updates
- We are seeing one on one receiver and corner drills and Lazard just beat Alexander on the back shoulder for the catch from 12.

- Lazard!!!! Up and over Alexander (who has a great contest) on the deep fade. Normally that would be a pass breakup but Lazard has some seriously strong hands.

- Lazard with another win vs Alexander on a quick slant, once again Jaire has hands all over the ball at catch point, but Lazard holds on.

- Rodgers incomplete to Lazard but referee Aaron Rodgers signals holding on the defense and an automatic first down.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Looks like our boy is having a great start to camp! If he's able to do this against Jaire consistently then he's our #2 for sure this year.

Camp Updates
- We are seeing one on one receiver and corner drills and Lazard just beat Alexander on the back shoulder for the catch from 12.

- Lazard!!!! Up and over Alexander (who has a great contest) on the deep fade. Normally that would be a pass breakup but Lazard has some seriously strong hands.

- Lazard with another win vs Alexander on a quick slant, once again Jaire has hands all over the ball at catch point, but Lazard holds on.

- Rodgers incomplete to Lazard but referee Aaron Rodgers signals holding on the defense and an automatic first down.

Where do you get these updates from?

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines
Let’s please not fully quote pieces that long. Pretty please?
sorry, i just pasted the link. not sure how to make it not preview the whole thing. that's why i originally just put the Lazard updates.

*EDIT sorry i was on mobile before, should be fixed now.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aclone

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Lazard was always a monster blocker downfield.

There were a ton of runs and screens in his era that went somewhere because of his blocking.

This is the best instance of that...

ISUUU.0.gif
This is why a guy like him makes it, marginal guys that wouldnt otherwise be there but he is because of all the stuff he does.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This is why a guy like him makes it, marginal guys that wouldnt otherwise be there but he is because of all the stuff he does.

That's probably a 4-5 yd gain if Lazard doesn't make that block or stick with it.

Plays like that are huge. Everyone has to do their part for a play to work.