McDowell and Bell off team?

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Don't know if posted and I do not have a link but I have heard that they both quit.

Anyone else hear of this??

I assume both left for playing time issues if true.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Heard the same thing. McDowell left due to lack of playing time and Bell because he was punished after missing class.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Obviously hurts with depth, but they seem to both have an attitude problem.

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
Interesting, but not surprised if it's true. I didn't want to start any rumors before, but now I can probably say that I saw and briefly talked to DJack (who was w/ Devin) in campustown the night of the Iowa game. DJack said he was doing fine, but they were all concerned over the PT Devin was getting, so it might be time to go somewhere else......I was a lil' bummed to hear that from DJack, but it is what it is.......I'm sure it was still a tough decision for him.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Whatever...We still have Benton and LJ along with Reeves who I think will be very good in the future and no I don't care if he is only 4'11". If this staff decided not to redshirt him that means something to me. I have high hopes we land this guy

Scout.com: Devont'a Davis Profile

Check out the height.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Interesting, but not surprised if it's true. I didn't want to start any rumors before, but now I can probably say that I saw and briefly talked to DJack (who was w/ Devin) in campustown the night of the Iowa game. DJack said he was doing fine, but they were all concerned over the PT Devin was getting, so it might be time to go somewhere else......I was a lil' bummed to hear that from DJack, but it is what it is.......I'm sure it was still a tough decision for him.

He's only going to have one year of eligibilty. Why would he try and go somewhere else? Why not buckle down and compete?

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
He's only going to have one year of eligibilty. Why would he try and go somewhere else? Why not buckle down and compete?

Good ? - but I'm guessing he has a plan to follow now and didn't just quit the team w/o thinking what he'll do moving forward. I got the feeling DJack was helping him figure things out too - hopefully it works out for Devin b/c I think the Clones will be fine. These moves happen in every program, every year.....

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Corners that run 4.7 40's are hard to get into the game plan.

While 40's mean little, I would bet a large amount of money that Bell is faster than Banks. And I also think that Mcdowell is shifty (more important at times than straight line speed). I really think they should have gotten a little more PT but to quit in the middle of the season is cowardly

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Both are just an injury away from a lot more PT. It doesn't make sense that upperclassmen like them would just up and quit. This kind of stinks.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006

I'm probably the only one who doesn't know this, but who is DJack??

Also, at the Army game, I happened to hear a page over the PA for a couple from Chaska. I remembered it because I knew someone on this board was from there. If it was you, I hope everything is ok.

Reactions: Jonecy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
McDowell has to go 1AA at this point, but somebody will take him. He has starting experience in the Big 12.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
I'm probably the only one who doesn't know this, but who is DJack??

Also, at the Army game, I happened to hear a page over the PA for a couple from Chaska. I remembered it because I knew someone on this board was from there. If it was you, I hope everything is ok.

DeAndre Jackson