McDowell and Bell off team?

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
So when we are playing Okie St and Banks twists an ankle, you are still going to be saying the same thing? Remember we will be playing a 4-2-5 defense. That leaves us with literally no depth and doesn't give our DB's any breaks.

Once again anybody who says this doesn't hurt is crazy
Bell and McDowell havent sniffed the field in any important situation this year against crap opponents compared to the big XII so who is to say all of a sudden they will get meaningful PT? i said that it hurts depth, but its not a big loss. could be a lot lot worse

Cystate22

Apr 11, 2006
Reinbeck, Iowa
No kidding! This hurts because if we have an injury or two at DB we will really be in for some trouble. I really hope they decide to change their minds.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Bell and McDowell havent sniffed the field in any important situation this year against crap opponents compared to the big XII so who is to say all of a sudden they will get meaningful PT? i said that it hurts depth, but its not a big loss. could be a lot lot worse

All of the teams we have played so far have been running teams. It is an easy concept to get that those guys were going to start playing more minutes when we play teams like Mizzou that go 5 wide at times.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
I've heard a few players comment about how last years team had a few players that "tanked" the season after the 5th loss in a row. Apparently, there are players that are continuing to work hard despite all the change (3 coaches in 3 years) but others have gotten pretty lazy and just go through the motions.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny

True fresh Reeves was taking all the back up time there. They must really be bad or lazy or both

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
Purely speculation here, but I could see where the Banks situation could have pushed them over the edge.

They may have been thinking that it was going to lead to more playing time for them which obviously didn't happen.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Who the hell quits a team mid season? Seriously, did these guys not have parents that would beat their *** if they tried to quit something mid way through? Not to mention why wouldn't you just decide to leave the team at the end of the season and continue to practice...if only for selfish reasons! These guys have a screw loose if you ask me.