Missing NW Iowa Men

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah that is strange, I'll agree there

wasn't his coat in the cornfield, too?

I think so. I’d think if you were running off n your own, you’d leave the truck in a parking lot and not the road. And if he wondered off, they would have found him.

Reactions: stewart092284

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
Not going to lie I am always a little leary when I am driving the racecar hauler late at night and need to pull over on an exit/entrance ramp to pee or walk around a bit to wake myself up.
So, I love walking through state parks, national parks. I'm a reasonably big dude (6'4, 250) and while I'm not aggressive, I also don't shy away. And I've got a 70 pound dog so I typically have a , probably false sense of security.

But I will say the creepiest experience was walking around Evansdale in a pouring rain - in the pre daylight - and I could hear something following. Heavy steps. Shiloh heard it. And he'd turn, stop and stare off into the thicket and snort then bark. Every time I sped up, the steps sped up. Every time I slowed, they slowed. If I turned, they turned with me. Something, or someone was following us.

There have been other experiences as well. But that was one day I was very happy to make it to the clearing

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
you wonder if there was a mental breakdown or something that would cause him to park the semi in the middle of the road and walk off

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I think so. I’d think if you were running off n your own, you’d leave the truck in a parking lot and not the road. And if he wondered off, they would have found him.
You'd think so. But I'm telling you, there are some seriously weird disappearances out there. There was a story of this guy who went missing from a snow mobile years back in the NW of the country - there were no steps, no nothing, it was almost like he was straight lifted off the machine and it just stopped.
I don't know if there's the religious after life and don't want to turn the thread into that, but I 100 million percent believe that there is way more going on than what we were aware of. Or told.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
Yeah, honestly, who knows.

Could of just got the motivation to go do whatever he wanted to do and said, i'll just pull over and do it now.

strange either way

Reactions: stewart092284

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Leave it on a gravel road. Less traffic.

mapnerd

Aug 17, 2006
Ames
Not to hijick the thread but does anyone else watch the missing 411, I think, about all the people who have gone missing in the national parks?

IDK if its aliens but I 100% do believe, IDK if its bigfoot per say or wendigos... But I 100% think there is some of that stuff in the world. Because how else you explain the stories from different cultures long , long before there was internet, travel and spread of ideas - IDK. There is some weird stuff going on.

Hoping for the best for both gentlemen and their families

Or I'll listen to Bedtime Stories where they talk about stories of - interesting and fascinating and disturbing and weird things. I do think there is more going on than people are aware.

Fingers crossed it works out in a positive fashion
Is there just one documentary on this? We watched it and it's fascinating. I am totally into watching this stuff. Not sure how much is true or not, but it's really weird for sure.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Isn't it odd that the wife didn't notice he was missing until the owner came to the house? I get that if he left the house at 7:30PM he would probably been back late and maybe she went to bed before he got back, but you'd think she would have at least exchanged texts or something before she went to bed.

Not trying to implicate a lady that is going through a horrible situation but also surprised I haven't seen that discussed in any spots.

I grew up in the area and drove basically right past where the truck was found last weekend while I was home for Thanksgiving so been watching things on this a bit more than other disappearances like this.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
Edit: Deleted photo because it started going down the political rabbit hole

The attached image is a FB post from a friend of a friend from Sunday - these types of things float around on social media pretty frequently and it's impossible to know if they're true. I don't directly know the person who posted, but I have talked to a couple people that do know him and they have confirmed the story to be accurate. Keep in mind, this is the same general vicinity a few days after the trucker went missing.

There is also a bank that went under in Sac City a few weeks ago for making bad loans in the trucking industry. I've heard that one of the bankers there committed suicide recently. A LOT of weird things happening in a small area.

Last edited:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
The trucker case reminds me a little of this case that happened in my backyard recently.

My guess (knowing absolutely nothing about the case) is that he got involved in running drugs, got desperate, siphoned a little cash, and the guys up the chain found out about it. They knew what he did for a living, followed him, created this situation (like a roadblock that forced him to stop the truck), and abducted/murdered him.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
View attachment 120039

The attached image is a FB post from a friend of a friend from Sunday - these types of things float around on social media pretty frequently and it's impossible to know if they're true. I don't directly know the person who posted, but I have talked to a couple people that do know him and they have confirmed the story to be accurate. Keep in mind, this is the same general vicinity a few days after the trucker went missing.

There is also a bank that went under in Sac City a few weeks ago for making bad loans in the trucking industry. I've heard that one of the bankers there committed suicide recently. A LOT of weird things happening in a small area.

This was called out by Woodbury sheriff’s office as ******** as to what actually transpired with the man arrested.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I have nothing to go on but given what we know so far my guess is the driver may have been involved with some unsavory characters and it caught up with him, ie drug trafficking or something like that. This stuff is going on in rural Iowa every day.

Based on what I've heard (very little BTW) I feel like this is correct. He may have seen something he shouldn't have or did something. NOTHING CONCRETE though. Take it for what you will.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
This was called out by Woodbury sheriff’s office as ******** as to what actually transpired with the man arrested.

Pretty sure this one was debunked with a public announcement by the county’s sheriff’s office

The statement by the sheriff's office stated there is no evidence that this incident was related to the missing trucker, and that the driver was arrested for reckless driving (which is accurate). There was nothing in regard to the previously posted story being inaccurate or misinformation.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
View attachment 120039

cant trust someone when they spell "right" as "rite"

Reactions: CyDude16