Mission Critical: The search for "Tuff Tiger" fan Roger Sprague

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Some may know him, others may have no clue who this man is. Others may lay awake at night dreaming - wondering - praying, that Mr. Sprague may rejoin us on the interwebs again.

For those unaware, Roger first came to us back in 2007, at the height of Missouri football. The "Tough as Rain Tigers" as he eloquently called them were quite the football unit. And Roger was oh so proud of them.

He wanted to share his joy and love of the Tigers, his glendower banner and his simples. Some of us showed him love, others chastised him with crude and unnecessary comments. It's unknown whether the love or hate is what scared him away from CycloneFanatic.com. But his one and only post shall always be remembered.

Our mission as we approach "Tuff Tiger" week is to find Mr. Roger Sprague and bring him back. How is he doing? What are his thoughts after Mizzu finally defeated the great Oklahoma Sooners? And then the fall off losing 2 straight to NU and Tech? Is his glendower banner still proudly flowing in the wind?

It is now that I ask, no, beg you - to help me find this man. For without him, it's just another game. With him, it's a game with the sweet nectar of Roger Sprague's wisdom sprinkled on top.

Originally Posted by rogersprague@ce
Okay and hello from ColumbiA, MU.

I knwo that it"S another wekk away, but just watnted to get a hello. I will be able to tell you about the Tigers which are Tough As Rain. The GBR Hucker board. If Ican figure it out I will show you the Glendower banner from the Huskerboard which I asked the OU sooner fans to use for GameDay. Not sure they did.

I";ll pick a simple for this time, Good luck this weekend,but nect weekend you play my Tough as Rain Tigers. Good to talk. Plus also Jerry said hello, seems nice.

:eek: This won"t be my simple, just today.

Tuff Tiger​
http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/236104-post185.html

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/72875-wheres-roger-sprague.html

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/off-topic/24521-roger-sprague.html

Last edited:

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
This is a tough as rain mission. I fear that there maybe some casualties as a result. But we need to find him and embrace this unique legend.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
The Man. The Myth. The Legend.

A billion credits and a book of coupons to the first man to bring in Mr. Roger Sprague..... Dead or alive!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
He did always want a rabbit with a pancake hat as his simple, for which CF could never accommodate. I believe that is why he left with no return.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
He did always want a rabbit with a pancake hat as his simple, for which CF could never accommodate. I believe that is why he left with no return.

Done.
25115-rabbit_pancake_head.jpg

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Those threads are the stuff of legend.

On a semi-related note, how about getting a "Hall of Fame" section? I have noticed a few other sites lately with HOF threads, and I would nominate the Tiger Tuff / Roger Sprague / Tuff as Rain series. How about it dear leaders?

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Those threads are the stuff of legend.

On a semi-related note, how about getting a "Hall of Fame" section? I have noticed a few other sites lately with HOF threads, and I would nominate the Tiger Tuff / Roger Sprague / Tuff as Rain series. How about it dear leaders?

I nominate Airplane on a Treadmill as well.

Reactions: Cybyassociation

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
He posted somewhere in 2007 (Nebraska board maybe?) that he would never come back to Cyclone Fanatic because we were mean to him.

We need to give up our obsession. In all honesty, the guy was more than likely a person with a developmental disability.