Most Emotional Song - High and Low

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I have a whole lot of high songs and my few low songs would be better classified as nostalgic but mostly uplifting in their own way (purposely so, I don't like feed my brain negativity). The high ones get me sped up or in a better frame of mind, and the low ones make me reflect.

High:

What a Wonderful World- Louis Armstrong
Let The Day Begin- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club version (The Call)
Let Your Love Flow- Bellamy Brothers
American Girl- Tom Petty
Sold Out of Flagpoles- Johnny Cash
The Rubberband Man- The Spinners
Wild, Wild Life- Talking Heads
Magic- The Cars
Twist & Shout- The Beatles
Kyrie- Mr Mister

Low:

Long As I Can See The Light- CCR
Broken Hearted Savior- Big Head Todd & the Monsters
Calling All Angels- Train
Take Me Home Country Roads- John Denver
Rosanna- Toto
Landslide- Stevie Nicks
Up Where We Belong- Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
High: The Live at Leeds version of My Generation. An amazing live medley of songs. It's hard to believe that sound comes from one guitar, one bass, and drums.

Low: If Only You Were Lonely by the Replacements (Paul Westerberg). A heartbreaking song about loneliness. "Somewhere there's a smile with my name on it." That line gets me every time.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Soul Asylum - Runaway Train fits both well. Not even a favorite of mine, but the amount of kids it helped reunite with family while singing about incredibly sad/difficult stories of missing kids. It's a high and low.
As a teenager kid in the 90s I always liked that song, but it hits me on a completely different level now as a parent.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
This one just wrecks me. Mike Shinoda writing about a friend who died. All the little reminders that crush you in your everyday life, the void you feel without them, even some survivor's guilt mixed in to those lyrics. The question and answer chorus of "who cares" and "I do" is like a helping hand being offered through the darkness. Everything about the song was perfect enough, they even named the whole album after it. Then Chester commits suicide. What would that have felt like to know you wrote THAT song, your friend heard it and he still committed suicide? Not only had he heard it, they performed it and dedicated it to Chris Cornell who had just committed suicide at the time. I'm glad it got released in that wake because millions of people need to hear that message. If I were Mike in that scenario I don't know that I would have had the strength to send that message rather than just give in to hopelessness and question everything at that point.

JMA1125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 7, 2014
Alanis Morrisette- You Oughta Know. The emotion in her voice as she sings gives me goosebumps.

Reactions: Angie

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Two songs used to great effect in two different movies, that always bring a lump to my throat:
Lay Me Doone

America the Beautiful.

And one that always gets me moving - Fishin' In The Dark

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz