New Uniforms Revealed

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Too bad only clear visors are allowed in college.

When did the chrome/dark visors get outlawed or have they always been off-limits? I remembered Vaughn Dunbar wearing chrome when he played for Indiana, but a Google image search makes me think it was clear with a reflection...

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
When did the chrome/dark visors get outlawed or have they always been off-limits? I remembered Vaughn Dunbar wearing chrome when he played for Indiana, but a Google image search makes me think it was clear with a reflection...

I think they've been off-limits for lower level (youth through HS) for quite a while now. Not sure on the timeline, but seems like college and NFL followed that due to concerns checking on players that may have been knocked unconscious. Ricky Williams was the one that sticks out in my memory when I think about mirrored visors.

84699731_4be783df61.jpg

Cyclone5234

Nov 29, 2018
Indiana

The 2013 and 2014 NCAA rulebook contains two specific rules relating to helmet visors. Visors may only have the manufacturer or distributor label present. This label should be no larger than 2 and ¼ inches. The other rule states that eye shields must be clear, have no tint and are to be made from molded material.
-NCAA

Last edited:

tolstoy

Aug 17, 2016
I like it a lot. Except the gold face mask. Looks too hodgepodge. Would work a lot better white, or cardinal. Just too many colors on the helmet otherwise.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Man, hok twitter is sure laughing it up about those visors. As if the staff doesn't know they can't be worn on the field. They are a recruiting prop that kids can use for a photo shoot, nothing more. It sure seems like recruits like them. Investment was minimal. Other schools are doing it too.

• Agree
Reactions: KcCyclone77

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Man, hok twitter is sure laughing it up about those visors. As if the staff doesn't know they can't be worn on the field. They are a recruiting prop that kids can use for a photo shoot, nothing more. It sure seems like recruits like them. Investment was minimal. Other schools are doing it too.
Saw one Hawk fan on Twitter actually go off about how these visors were illegal to wear during games and how it's a testament to our program that we'd be doing illegal stuff or something along those lines.. lol

I mean I understand at this point of time in the year there's not much to talk about regarding football, but boy is it reaching to get actually upset about visors being used as recruiting tools. "Big brother" should not care about what we wear or what we do, but holy cow they find the stupidest things to be upset about.

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
I like the logo and the white helmet+pants combo. The logo is perfect. Red facemask and a cyclone stripe on the pants similar to what bball uses and I'm sold. Maybe a stripe down the middle of the helmet that is similar to one on the pants.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Saw one Hawk fan on Twitter actually go off about how these visors were illegal to wear during games and how it's a testament to our program that we'd be doing illegal stuff or something along those lines.. lol

I mean I understand at this point of time in the year there's not much to talk about regarding football, but boy is it reaching to get actually upset about visors being used as recruiting tools. "Big brother" should not care about what we wear or what we do, but holy cow they find the stupidest things to be upset about.

They are classic for howling about stuff we are doing without getting any actual information or details. See the "countdown clock". Their two dumb ex-walk ons who do a podcast went so far to say that this shows what ISU "values" and one even said the guy in the pic needed to see the weight room and not the equipment manager...not knowing that he was a high schooler and not a current player. I mean, what did ISU spend on these? A couple hundred bucks? If you have recruits putting them on for a photo shoot, it was worth it. And hok fans making fun of a high schooler are showing their true colors.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They are classic for howling about stuff we are doing without getting any actual information or details. See the "countdown clock". Their two dumb ex-walk ons who do a podcast went so far to say that this shows what ISU "values" and one even said the guy in the pic needed to see the weight room and not the equipment manager...not knowing that he was a high schooler and not a current player. I mean, what did ISU spend on these? A couple hundred bucks? If you have recruits putting them on for a photo shoot, it was worth it. And hok fans making fun of a high schooler are showing their true colors.
Yeah I mean it's that sort of stuff that although makes the rivalry fun and stuff, it shows how much their school actually cares about what we do. Their fans claim big brother status but literally care about all of the little things they absolutely shouldn't care about.

We're obviously not doing a great job of getting rid of the tag-name "little brother", because we're not beating them, but they're doing a heck of a job of caring about us too much. That sort of stuff shouldn't even be brought up, but once we mention anything regarding Iowa their players/fans cry "rent free". It's just a load of crap lol.

scratch

Jan 28, 2018
I miss the red metallic helmets with cy tornado image on the side. I feel it defined who we are. Now we have I state... Is that Indiana state.... Idaho state.....Iowa state.

• Funny
Reactions: Lineup