*** Official #18 Oklahoma vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
As Clone fans we know all too well how Iowa St it would be to lay an egg against Tech Saturday but if they can just focus on the task at hand. We're going to have a very exciting two weeks leading up to a showdown in Stillwater.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
So, who else noticed that after Dylan Soehner graduates, we’ll have Easton Dean to throw those awesome TE passes?
Yes you have a valid point there!!

And it may be next year as our current triple play TE's may all be gone [D. Soehner, Chase Allen (Seniors), and quite possibly Charlie Kolar (junior)]. I'm going to miss these three for sure!

In terms of future TE's over the next 1-3 years, former QB's or not, who do you think will rise to the top? Any potentially who can be as good as Charlie?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

And it may be next year as our current triple play TE's may all be gone [D. Soehner, Chase Allen (Seniors), and quite possibly Charlie Kolar (junior)]. I'm going to miss these three for sure!

In terms of future TE's over the next 1-3 years, former QB's or not, who do you think will rise to the top? Any potentially who can be as good as Charlie?
I think Kolar is for sure gone after this year.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I haven't re-watched the game, but what seemed to work on the play was how after the linebackers bit on the run fake, they all bailed on the play as an obvious passing situation, I think one ISU LB may have even turned his back to the ball to get after the wideout/TE going across the middle, and the tailback was able to easily operate in space after they vacated it. My thought was that using this occasionally, whether as effective as OU was with it or not, knowing you have a tendency to make that pitch might delay the coverage LB enough to make for easier pitch and catch on those moderate routes over the middle.
I prefer zone in the end zone or short yardage situations for this very reason. Don't force your 2nd level to take their eyes off the play with man coverage, assuming there will be play action.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

Campbell thinks the TE's in waiting are really good.

Reactions: t-noah