***Official ISU @ UConn Gameday Thread***

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
I was watching the weather channel today and they said there are threats of CYCLONES in Connecticut. Go in there today Cyclones and kick some freakin ***!!!! My TV is ready for another Cyclone victory!!!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
UConnReport.com - The Preview: ISU/UConn

"Iowa State brings an average to below average secondary that McEntee should perform better against."

Reeves, LJ and the rest of the guys the secondary- did you see that???

Edit- another gem:

"If you break Friday's game down into segments, UConn is the logical winner. When Iowa State runs: advantage Huskies. When Iowa State passes: advantage Huskies. When UConn runs: advantage Huskies."

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Waaay too pumped for 8 am when the kickoff is still 11 hours away, but I'm going to do it anyway...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh,
We will fight, fight, fight for Iowa State,

sclotz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Just letting everyone know that the game is on American Forces Network here in Japan. It starts at 9 in the morning and I am ready to watch it. I have been a Cyclone fan 30+ years so looking forward to a great season. With a quarterback like Jantz that can make plays, this team can do very well this season. So, I predict a Cyclone victory 24-14.

Chad

Sep 10, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Looks like great weather today/tonight in East Hartford, 59 degrees at kick-off, wind around 5mph, temp dropping to around 50 by then end of the game.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
ISU 31 - UCONN 13

ISU able to stop their running game, forces three turnovers finally winning the turnover battle and offense is able to run effectively while getting a few big plays!!!

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
Can't watch it live, but have it DVR'd. Damn Friday night games, hard part will be not hearing the score at the HS game tonight...Go Cyclones!!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

"Iowa State brings an average to below average secondary that McEntee should perform better against."

Edit- another gem:

"If you break Friday's game down into segments, UConn is the logical winner. When Iowa State runs: advantage Huskies. When Iowa State passes: advantage Huskies. When UConn runs: advantage Huskies."

This jack wad doesn't realize that stopping the run is the strength of our defense, does he? Especially considering we have three of the best LBs in the country. And while our DL doesn't get that great of a pass rush all the time, they do a good job of preventing the opponent's OL from getting to the second level, which frees our LBs to wreak their havoc. Okay, fine, our secondary isn't great. But UConn is playing three QBs, the best thrower being a guy who can only hit stationary targets with tires and trash cans attached to them. I'm just not that worried about what UConn's offense can do to our defense. If they beat us, it's because their defense shuts down our Jekyll and Hyde offense, forcing them to make critical mistakes at very bad times.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Edit- another gem:

He forgot this part: "When UConn passes: pick 6."

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Unfortunately I cant watch, i have to work :sad: But GO CYCLONES!!!

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo

Edit- another gem:

The funnest part of these comments is how with this many flat out Advantages - and our inability to do practically anything - his final prediction...

UConn 24
Iowa State 19

Wow if UCONN has all of these huge advantages, and can only win a home game by 5 against a team that he believes will be emotionally and physically drained, ISU wont be able to run against them, ISU wont be able to pass against them, and UCONN WILL be able to run against us...

So i have this question for the crosseyed bandit that writes for the Uconn Rivals page...

What happens when just a 1 or 2 of the aspects of the game is advantage opponent?

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
This jack wad doesn't realize that stopping the run is the strength of our defense, does he? Especially considering we have three of the best LBs in the country. And while our DL doesn't get that great of a pass rush all the time, they do a good job of preventing the opponent's OL from getting to the second level, which frees our LBs to wreak their havoc. Okay, fine, our secondary isn't great. But UConn is playing three QBs, the best thrower being a guy who can only hit stationary targets with tires and trash cans attached to them. I'm just not that worried about what UConn's offense can do to our defense. If they beat us, it's because their defense shuts down our Jekyll and Hyde offense, forcing them to make critical mistakes at very bad times.
I like our secondary more than our LBs. Yep I said it.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I talked to a friend of mine last night who's daughter is an ISU student and she mentors/tutors Steele.

She said he could not believe the post game celebration on field last Saturday. His attitude was "so we beat Iowa......no big deal" . Sounds like he has his head screwed on straight and while confident has very small ego. I thought that was good to hear.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Just letting everyone know that the game is on American Forces Network here in Japan. It starts at 9 in the morning and I am ready to watch it. I have been a Cyclone fan 30+ years so looking forward to a great season. With a quarterback like Jantz that can make plays, this team can do very well this season. So, I predict a Cyclone victory 24-14.

I'm glad we get to watch it but you a much better time slot than my 3 am(Kuwait) one. I will not complain though, this will be the third game in a row I have been able to watch over here(Clone Zone worked great).