***Official ISU @ UConn Gameday Thread***

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
UConnReport.com - The Preview: ISU/UConn

"Iowa State brings an average to below average secondary that McEntee should perform better against."

Reeves, LJ and the rest of the guys the secondary- did you see that???

Edit- another gem:

"If you break Friday's game down into segments, UConn is the logical winner. When Iowa State runs: advantage Huskies. When Iowa State passes: advantage Huskies. When UConn runs: advantage Huskies."

Great analysis from UCONN homers. It will make it even sweeter when ISU kicks the **** out of them. :yes:

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'm pretty pumped, this could be a pretty exciting weekend for me in general and seeing this team prove they are for real could put it over the top!

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I like our secondary more than our LBs. Yep I said it.

I won't go that far but I do think our secondary has some serious talent. I don't get how this loser thinks that the 1 trick pony QB from UCONN is going to do anything. The kid couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Pathetic.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I like our secondary more than our LBs. Yep I said it.

I like em both! LJ and Reeves played man-up against McNutt and Davis Saturday and won their battles more often than not. McNutt will probably get a chance to play on Sundays and Davis is very talented as well. Add in that Reeves about 8 or 9 inches in height to either of them and it shows me that we have a solid set of corners. Iowa also has a QB that has thrown a TD pass against an FBS defense.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I talked to a friend of mine last night who's daughter is an ISU student and she mentors/tutors Steele.

She said he could not believe the post game celebration on field last Saturday. His attitude was "so we beat Iowa......no big deal" . Sounds like he has his head screwed on straight and while confident has very small ego. I thought that was good to hear.

He hasn't figured out yet that's what happens just about every time we win at home. Not to worry - he'll get used to it.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'm glad we get to watch it but you a much better time slot than my 3 am(Kuwait) one. I will not complain though, this will be the third game in a row I have been able to watch over here(Clone Zone worked great).

Loyal!

Reactions: JHudd

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
I'm glad we get to watch it but you a much better time slot than my 3 am(Kuwait) one. I will not complain though, this will be the third game in a row I have been able to watch over here(Clone Zone worked great).

Hey JHudd - I was going to see if you wanted to head down to Cuzzy's tonight for the game, but I had a feeling you were in Kuwait b/c I haven't seen/spoken to you in quite awhile. Hope all is well man & thanks for serving. If there's anything I can do for you here in Chaska while you're away, please let me know.

GO CYCLONES!!!

Reactions: JHudd

Jonecy

Dec 5, 2006
3.5 Hours From Trice
Paul Allen said on KFAN (Twin Cities) yesterday morning that he fully expects UConn to roll right over us tonight. His sidekick (forget his name) is also a huge Hawkeye fan and was talking about how embarrassing that loss was for the Hawkeyes last weekend.......give me a break.

Time to prove them wrong boys.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I won't go that far but I do think our secondary has some serious talent. I don't get how this loser thinks that the 1 trick pony QB from UCONN is going to do anything. The kid couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Pathetic.

Actually, I wouldn't call their QB a one-trick pony. He guy has many tricks up his sleeve - they just usually involve a basketball hoop or a garbage can. And I do think he could hit water if he fell out of a boat - that's the kind of thing that seems to be in his repertoire. What isn't, so far as I can tell, is the ability to hit an open receiver on the football field.

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Paul Allen said on KFAN (Twin Cities) yesterday morning that he fully expects UConn to roll right over us tonight. His sidekick (forget his name) is also a huge Hawkeye fan and was talking about how embarrassing that loss was for the Hawkeyes last weekend.......give me a break.

Time to prove them wrong boys.

Just think how embarrassed the hawks would be if ISU didn't fumble the ball away to keep them in the game. They were lucky to not be down by 21 in that game. Listened to Dolphin yesterday before CW came on in Eastern Iowa and he was claiming that Iowa only lost because one of their DBs got sick and couldn't play...............:confused:

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
I cant wait for tonight big step for the program on espn2 the whole country will get an oppertunity to see a program on the brink of something special. cyclones take this one tonight 24-10

Cytom5

Sep 3, 2010
Ames
I cant wait for tonight big step for the program on espn2 the whole country will get an oppertunity to see a program on the brink of something special. cyclones take this one tonight 24-10

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Just think how embarrassed the hawks would be if ISU didn't fumble the ball away to keep them in the game. They were lucky to not be down by 21 in that game. Listened to Dolphin yesterday before CW came on in Eastern Iowa and he was claiming that Iowa only lost because one of their DBs got sick and couldn't play...............:confused:
Yeah, it is hell to lose in your second game when you want to play on New years Day and ride the float.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
UCONN has a pretty solid D-line that plays very aggressive. They are going to try and get up the field quick and I think that will play right into ISU's hands. Anybody else see us hit on some screen passes, a few delayed shovel passes, and some quick slants across the middle last week? Those are the plays that will absolutely kill an over agressive defensive front as they won't be able to get to the QB but will get themselves out of position which leaves our skill positions players with the ball in their hands into the second level already. I look for ISU to hit some big plays due to UCONN being too aggressive. If Jantz can keep some plays alive like he did last week the UCONN secondary is going to have their hands full all game long.

Another thing to keep in mind is the massive size advantage our tackles have over the UCONN defensive ends. If they can control those corners and get Rabbit to the outside lookout....