*** Official Kansas State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Whaaat, who is saying that. Are they out of their mind.

That man has single handily changed the culture of this program. He is the reason we dont get blown out and remain in games, even when the offense/ special teams are terrible. If he leaves , might else fire CMC.

John Heacock and this defense are the football team, not just this season, the entire last 5 five years.
No, teams have tried to come hire Heacock. That was what that was referring to.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Positives from tonight:
- officiating was basically fine...was there a single review all game long?
- that punch out to force a TO and save a TD was amazing
- an incredibly slow first quarter followed by an incredibly fast final three quarters, game clocked in at something like 3:15
- kicker bouncing back after a tough game at Kansas

Looking for silver linings.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
No, teams have tried to come hire Heacock. That was what that was referring to.
I am shocked that bigger programs have not tried to target him. Imagine what he can do with better talent. Dude is successful in an offensive oriented league that spreads you out. Dude must be super loyal to CMC. CMC should hand him half his salary every year. Dude has a job because of him

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
Even with all the crappy offense we’ve seen, we’re just a couple adjustments from winning some games. I’ve got to believe the coaches see it.

Reactions: Cyclad

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Just got home after a long day of tailgating and football, tailgating was great, the football, not so much. We had the ball twice around the 48-yard line, down by one, and we went 3 and out on both possessions. So far, we have scored 44 points in the conference, which is not going to beat many teams.

How about we actually try and throw the ball down the field a few times, instead of 3 yard crossing patterns when we need 8 yards?

• Winner
Reactions: Lineup

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I think I'm out for a while. A day or two ha.

The only positive is that Campbell will do some self reflection on his Offensive coaching staff. No excuse to leave that to a 4th and 7, and an unexpected drop by X. That was one play.

@surly, Cursive purple x 7 posts for me?
Ha, ha. It's Sunday morning and the sun rose across Iowa and, a bit later, up here in the north. This too shall pass. CMC will adjust. Time for Mass.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Second game in a row here the team does everything they need to do to win, except actually win it. Got the ball twice in great field position, set up to win the game...barely gained a single yard on either of those drives. Struggle to perform when it matters.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
Our offense will need to score at least 21 points to win a game this season. Can they do it?
I've been wanting to dig into but I wonder what our record is when we score 2+ touchdowns. And what our record is under 2 touchdowns.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
A loss is always disappointing, but I think we lost to a significantly better team this week than last week. We were basically playing against our own defense so it was a hard game to get well on offense, especially when our biggest weakness is the running game. It was good to see our kicker bounce back and our defense shut down an offense that had been flying high. Martinez was probably the difference in the game. If I was a KSU fan I'd be concerned whether he can run the ball that much and last the year'

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Ha, ha. It's Sunday morning and the sun rose across Iowa and, a bit later, up here in the north. This too shall pass. CMC will adjust. Time for Mass.
The sun came up but it hurts my deer in the headlights eyeballs after the numbing 3 & outs at the end of the game. It’s not mentioned but Malik Knowles is an NFL talent and was the difference.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Positives from tonight:
- officiating was basically fine...was there a single review all game long?
- that punch out to force a TO and save a TD was amazing
- an incredibly slow first quarter followed by an incredibly fast final three quarters, game clocked in at something like 3:15
- kicker bouncing back after a tough game at Kansas

Looking for silver linings.

Punts were good.

Status
Not open for further replies.