***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Drops are going to happen at the combine when you're getting passes from quarterbacks you don't have any rapport with.

The key for Butler will be to show at the pro day that the drops aren't a problem.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Drops are going to happen at the combine when you're getting passes from quarterbacks you don't have any rapport with.

The key for Butler will be to show at the pro day that the drops aren't a problem.

Not just rapport, but getting terrible throws to catch. The sideline drop was the one that I didn't like. The other throws that I saw weren't good at all.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Not just rapport, but getting terrible throws to catch. The sideline drop was the one that I didn't like. The other throws that I saw weren't good at all.

The sideline drop was catchable and should have been caught. Some of those other ones are excusable IMO - the one in the gauntlet was not thrown correctly to how the drill is supposed to be done, and the deep throw was underthrown by a good 15 yards.

Also, people are acting as if other people haven't dropped a single pass. Even Harry and Brown have dropped at least one pass each.

• Agree
Reactions: jdoggivjc

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Did Butler do the vertical jump?

Wideouts haven't done it yet, but Noah Fant had a 39.5 inch vertical which is pretty crazy for a TE. The same article from last year that said Butler had a sub 4.5 40 (which people didn't believe) says he has a 37 inch vertical. So we'll see....

Reactions: demoncore1031

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The sideline drop was catchable and should have been caught. Some of those other ones are excusable IMO - the one in the gauntlet was not thrown correctly to how the drill is supposed to be done, and the deep throw was underthrown by a good 15 yards.

Also, people are acting as if other people haven't dropped a single pass. Even Harry and Brown have dropped at least one pass each.

Yeah, I meant that was not a good drop for Butler. That ball was thrown well and it went right through is hands. Otherwise, I think he's had a really good day.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Yeah, I meant that was not a good drop for Butler. That ball was thrown well and it went right through is hands. Otherwise, I think he's had a really good day.

Yeah, and there's a reason why a lot of guys do pro days. However, some of these drills from unknown QBs kind of show if you're adaptable or not really quickly. It's all a big package - if you can show you are not an idiot, learn, have all the fundamentals down...it's fine.

Also, I hate to say it, but most of the QBs throwing right now will not be starters in the NFL right away - maybe not for a few years - and maybe not even ever. Take that part with a grain of salt as someone playing with a veteran is going to probably get better passes than what most of these guys are putting up today.

Help Support Us

Become a patron